Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up my 1st Duc('02 748), and it's a nicely equipped trackbike. I usually know my bikes in and out, but I haven't had this one but a few weeks. A friend asked me if my Termi exhaust were slip-ons or full. Embarssing as it was, I don't know, and I'm not sure how to tell:eek: From what I can tell, the OEM exhaust has a two piece rear header, mine is one piece from the head back down to the mid. What's the best way to figure out what I have?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after some research I see that the '02 is a one year only exhaust, but I really haven't seen anything to help me figure out what I have. Anyone have any tips IDing my exhaust? Would pics help?

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
As you've already discovered, the 2002 748 has an 'odd' exhaust configuration....

Both the horizontal and vertical exhaust pipes are one piece, while previous model years had two piece pipes.
The 2002 exhaust pipes also have a different style slip joint where they mate with the midpipe behind the RH footpeg (see first photo below).
From your description, I'd guess these pipes are stock and OEM.

Does your midpipe have two hot dog shaped resonators (see second photo below) directly behind the RH footpeg?
If so, I'd assume it is also stock and OEM.

Have you got stock silver mufflers? Maybe you've got carbon fiber mufflers?
Some photos might help to identify the mufflers.

I hope this helps a bit!

;)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts