Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

lately I've been finding my clutch lever to be notchy, like when you have a cable-operated clutch that needs a new cable. Also, grease appeared on my clutch lever pivot.

Today I think I found the cause: the rubber boot that the little plunger that goes into to the master cylinder has split. Is this a separate part, and can I replace it myself?

Could it have been caused by overfilling my clutch reservoir? I can't see any air in it so it must be above the max line >_<

bj.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I checked the 748 service and parts manuals, none of them depict the masters on either clutch or brake having replacement parts. That said the boot is technically not necessary for the clutch to function, it purpose it to prevent grime from getting to plunger and bore. Over filling the reservior probably would not cause this problem. Someone packing grease inside the boot may cause it to degrade, the rubber boot is designed to be resistant to clutch fluid, not grease. I'd pull it all apart, clean everything up, replace the orings on the plunger discard the boot and go from there. Look around for a replacement boot they might be available from the dealer or someone like DucatiOmaha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts