Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Unlikely to be a “G” cam. Ask the seller for the part number or any cam marking. Looks to be an RS cam to me from the holes in the lobes if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is safe to say that these cams will physically fit my regular 748 cylinder heads. I am just looking for the same cam grind or close to it, i dont want the bike to be useless on the street like it would be with a G grind cam.What are the consequences of using these cams with a non rs cylinder and motor.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
single seat? sp nominally means sport production, and in the 748's case was the homologation special for world supersport. different cams, eprom, shock, front discs, single seat, yellow.

the u1 cam is similar to the g grind. not compatible with a std 748 piston.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If they are RS Cam's they would likely be completely useless in a street bike especially on stock small valve 748 heads.

They are very aggressive.

Photos don't show much in the way of markings, you would need to measure lift, duration and lobe separation to be 100% on application.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
single seat? sp nominally means sport production, and in the 748's case was the homologation special for world supersport. different cams, eprom, shock, front discs, single seat, yellow.

the u1 cam is similar to the g grind. not compatible with a std 748 piston.
sport production is what i meant😁
question answered thank you!(y)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
These are SP cams from a 748. Has anyone ridden a 748SP that can tell me more about these cams? I know duration, lift, and all that. He's selling the cams for next to nothing, and they may make for a fun track engine.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
lack of lower end, 7,000 rpm or so mid range hit, dip at 10,000 or so. not a drop in, so you'll spend a lot of money to decide it wasn't such a good idea after all.

pay for some sps cams and fit them. it'll be cheaper over and better.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are SP cams from a 748. Has anyone ridden a 748SP that can tell me more about these cams? I know duration, lift, and all that. He's selling the cams for next to nothing, and they may make for a fun track engine.
Yrs they would be fun for you! thats why you should buy them 😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts