Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I just bought a 99 748 it runs fine for about 5 mins after that when I give it gas it bogs down it will take off in little spurts .any help would be apperciated
Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Super
I just bought the bike 2 days ago was fine when I test drove it talked to the seller he said it had been sitting for about 7 months.I hope it is water in the tank or maybe clogged injector.Any suggution on injector cleaner I havent been on a bike for about 15 years so i'm a little out of the loop
Thanks for the help
Kevin

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just to be on the safe side, check your plug wells. A bit of water in there, and it'll do exactly like you described. Make sure they're very dry.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Does bike run normal again if you open the fuel cap? Check the fuel tank vent lines to ensure they are not kinked.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Could be a clogged fuel filter, especially if it sat for that long. I'd clean the injectors and put a new fuel filter in it. You'll have to remove the tank and take the pump assembly out to change the filter. Remember to replace the o ring when replacing the fuel filter also. Get an extra o ring just in case. They can be a pain to change the first time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts