Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever had to repair a bent footpeg mount? The part on the frame that is. Another thing to add to my growing list. Looks like this bike was crashed on the right side and bent the footpeg mount back about 1/8". The Ducati dealer here in New Orleans won't touch it and doesn't know anyone to recommend. I'm hoping I can bend it back and TIG weld it so I shouldn't have to strip the bike down to the frame to avoid splatter. I have pics of it but don't know how to put them on here. The seller says he'll cover the cost of the repairs within what he deems reasonable, if not he wants the bike back and he'll refund my money, which I'd like to avoid, I was looking foward to restoring this bike but wouldn't have paid as much as I did had this been disclosed. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had the same thing and what I did was get some steel plate and drill holes to match up with the rearset holes. Make it pretty thick and then attach a breaker bar. Slowly bend it back, you only have one shot at it. It worked for me....
Another thing you can do is shim it. good luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you re-weld?

Did you re-weld it? Looking at it last night I figured a piece of angle iron bolted on in place of the footpeg should enable me to get a 15" adjustable wrench and a cheater on it. The main concern I have is if it breaks. When you bent it back in place did it stay or did it try to flex back? Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts