Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve searched around and have been unsuccessful in finding the answer so hopefully someone here can help. I am looking for information on the two screws that are on the seat lock for the 996 model. Can someone please tell me where I can find them to purchase or can someone give me the specs on them? I was out on a ride and one fell out somewhere and I need to replace it.
Thank you to all of you for your time and assistance. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I’ve searched around and have been unsuccessful in finding the answer so hopefully someone here can help. I am looking for information on the two screws that are on the seat lock for the 996 model. Can someone please tell me where I can find them to purchase or can someone give me the specs on them? I was out on a ride and one fell out somewhere and I need to replace it.
Thank you to all of you for your time and assistance. Be safe out there.
On the seat itself, or on the frame?

A picture would be helpful

If you are referring to the screws that hold the locking mechanism to the sub-frame
They are M5x22
Part # 77750398B

If you are referring to the screws that hold the bracket to the underside of the seat unit
They are M5x10 if it’s a biposto
Part # 77250718B
I don’t know the exact dimensions if it’s a Mono , but
Part # 77350738B
Where can you get them?
Try your local dealer

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is on a monoposto. There are two screws on the back of the lock that hold the bracket that hooks to the cable. I’ve tried to post a picture but I can’t figure out how to post the picture.
Thank you for the response!

·
Registered
445 Posts
This is on a monoposto. There are two screws on the back of the lock that hold the bracket that hooks to the cable. I’ve tried to post a picture but I can’t figure out how to post the picture.
Thank you for the response!
Are you referring to #5?
If so, the part # 77750398B
You will also need the self locking nut that is on the underside #4

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
My guess is he's talking about the tiny screws that hold the lever to the back of the lock barrel (item 20 in the pic). They are probably something you could get from the dealer only if you ordered the lock barrel assembly. Likely 3 mm, but easy enough to remove the other screw and measure it, or simply bring it to a hardware store to mach it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My guess is he's talking about the tiny screws that hold the lever to the back of the lock barrel (item 20 in the pic). They are probably something you could get from the dealer only if you ordered the lock barrel assembly. Likely 3 mm, but easy enough to remove the other screw and measure it, or simply bring it to a hardware store to mach it.
Well, if they are what he is referring to , I agree with you. Buy a new barrel, OR
Take the remaining screw & find a matching replacement ,,

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I am referring to item #20, more specifically the two tiny screws. I’ll take the advice to remove the other one and head to Lowe’s to see what I can find. I was hoping it was something Ducati sold individually.
I can not thank you all enough for your guidance. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I may have some. Let me look.

Sound like they may be worth $1,000. Let me know how that sits with you.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I think I threw that stuff away. I'll check again tonight after I watch the race.

But, 5mm-6mm in length and a standard threat screw that fits through the metal bit should be fine. Perhaps $.50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts