Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I've looked throughout the forums for a solution to stop the fuel from seeping up through the key lock on the fuel fill of my 2001 748 and I've tried some of the suggestions. What I need now is a diagram of the fuel cap assembly itself, does anybody know of one? I see here that there may be some o-rings that are inside the tumbler assembly and I'm not sure that I want to take that apart without a diagram. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Bxr

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
All,

I've looked throughout the forums for a solution to stop the fuel from seeping up through the key lock on the fuel fill of my 2001 748 and I've tried some of the suggestions. What I need now is a diagram of the fuel cap assembly itself, does anybody know of one? I see here that there may be some o-rings that are inside the tumbler assembly and I'm not sure that I want to take that apart without a diagram. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Bxr
Don't think any part of the lock/cap is serviceable. I recently had a similar issue. I took the whole thing apart, cleaned it, reseated all the parts and it still leaked. All the breathers we clear as well. In the end, I replaced the cap with another from a much lower mileage bike and haven't had an issue since.

·
Registered
190 Posts
How bad is your issue? Occasionally when the tank is completely full, the key will get wet and there will be a tiny amount of seepage - but it's never really bothered me. Is the lock supposed to be totally sealed from fuel? Still relatively new to this bike and not sure what the norm is...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
have a couple good gas caps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts