Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Ducati 748/955 & 2002 MV Agusta F4 Senna
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years in storage its finally being brought back to life. The layers of dust have been washed away and it's looking like everything is as I left it.
Starting with changing the fluids, filters, belts, battery, fuel lines and new clutch master cylinder (it's leaking). It will be a few days until all the parts are in. I'm hopeful it will fire up without too much trouble.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Compressed air to dry is your friend. Looks like the dust acted as an effective protectant. In all seriousness, beautiful bike, glad she’s coming out of hibernation.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Over the past two weeks I thoroughly checked and made sure everything was in working order. Plugs, filters, fluids and battery were changed. I also decided to switch out the plastic fuel line quick disconnects and fuel level nut. Other than that the only thing I found to have failed was the clutch master cylinder. Today I finally was able to get it all assembled!

With some fresh fuel and a few cycles of the fuel pump, I pressed the starter button. Within seconds the engine was running! The sound of the exhaust, valves and clutch - just as I remembered! There was some concern as I watched it idle; a cloud of white smoke was spewing out of the pipes. I figured it was burning off the fogger I sprayed in the cylinders or the rings needed to reseat. I got out on the road and headed around the block. Engine, clutch, gears and brakes all working as they should; except for the cloud following me. I went around a couple times, just about two miles cruising in 1st and 2nd not exceeding 3000 rpm. When I pulled back into the driveway the cloud was gone!

After a little more break in time I should be back in business.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Could have been just water (steam) burning off from her wake up bath. I’ve had that happen on my track bike without putting a hose to it. Great to hear she‘s up and running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts