Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdo!!!

Wondering if any one can answer a few questions for me?? I believe the 748/916 ran excentric head stocks allowing them to change the angle?
How did it work? Could the relevant bits then be stuck on a 900ss to give the same capability or is it to complex and best left alone?? Was hoping to tighten the angle on my Superlight to quicken the steering (have already jacked the back up a bit)

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
not a simple parts switch. the steering tube is larger on the 748, allowing the necessary pieces to fit inside. you would have to have a head tube and innards off a 748, cut off the same from your bike and weld on the 748 tube. all the time maintaining perfect alignment. not to forget that the serial numbers are on the tube and you just messed up your DMV paperwork.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
not a simple parts switch. the steering tube is larger on the 748, allowing the necessary pieces to fit inside. you would have to have a head tube and innards off a 748, cut off the same from your bike and weld on the 748 tube. all the time maintaining perfect alignment. not to forget that the serial numbers are on the tube and you just messed up your DMV paperwork.
HUH?

The base 748 didn't come with a rake adjuster. The later 916's and 748S and up, came with 23.5/24.5 adjustable rake. This adjuster is not recommended to be used without the conjunction of lengthening your wheelbase or trail adjustment, such as a 27mm triple tree offset kit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts