Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was finally able to start the wiring and electrical layout:

I’ll be running the battery in the tail for now, with the ecu, coil packs, relays, and fuse box under the tank. I am running a smaller gel battery, nothing fancy. Figured I can try to fit it all under the tank down the line at some point. I just didn’t want to drop $200+ on a battery when I still have parts to acquire lol.

I need to mock up some wooden crossbars to start mounting some components. Hoping for a clean look that is also easy to service.

for the crossbars, I’m thinking of placing one slightly towards the engine along the top tube, pretty much where that magnet pen is. The other would be along the vertical rails, just below the old center section was welded. That bar would have a bend to clear the intake tubes. Those will provide some much needed mounting points.
Hoping to get another few hrs in the garage this week to make some more progress!

These forks need attention too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hoping to get another few hrs in the garage this week to make some more progress!
Narrator: he did not get more time over the weekends

Lol. Life and work has kept the bike off to the side the last few weeks, with more of the same in the forecast... not ideal but at least I know what needs to be done. Got some parts coming in this weekend so I’ll post those when they arrive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got a night in the garage over the weekend. Although most of the time went to cleaning up the bench and work area, I did manage to get one small but important project done: drilling the triple for a front stand

Now I can properly lift the bike off the engine stand and can access eve

still have a lot to go on the electrical, so nothing too exciting on the horizon.

till next time!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts