Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of re-building a 1973 750GT and looking for info or pics showing the original handle-bar switch mounting set-up for the Indicator/motor stop button for the (USA) Indicators Model. There are no screw fixing points as per the Left switch mount. I assume it mounts to the Rt Handle-bar??

Rgds, Stu Mac

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm in the process of re-building a 1973 750GT and looking for info or pics showing the original handle-bar switch mounting set-up for the Indicator/motor stop button for the (USA) Indicators Model. There are no screw fixing points as per the Left switch mount. I assume it mounts to the Rt Handle-bar??

Rgds, Stu Mac
Stu, just saw this. I have an early 74 750 GT. Mine has a pair of those round metal indicators; the left one bolts directly to the clutch bracket; right bolts to M/C bracket. Left also has a headlight flasher, right the horn. Mine does not have a kill switch. I've had the bike since new so I know it's totally original.

Reactions: wmfleet2

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Here's a picture of mine, which was a mix of '73 and '74 parts. The switchgear was part of the throttle housing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
These are correct for your bike, Will try to load my own images later. Unless OZ mandated a kill switch, in which case there is a variant I've seen. But look like these. Again, my switch gear is 100% stock; in the states, early '74 same as '73. BOTH pictures show the left (clutch) side and a replica is avail from Bevel Heaven. The right side requires spacers... I'll take a pic.

BTW, they are NOT interchangeable, left to right: left side switch does high/lo beams; right side is directional.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Second installment: Pic on left shows "spacers" needed to attach to M/C. Spacers are still commercially avail from hardware store etc. Pic on right shows attachment to stock clutch bracket. My left (hi/lo beam) switch is the original, but the right (directional) was shot. Was lucky to find an NOS on ebay. The hard get may be the triangular shaped bracket that the large screws go through.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Is your bracket not reusable? Or is that pic not from your bike?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is your bracket not reusable? Or is that pic not from your bike?
Yes, the second set of pics is from my bike and they are reusable... if you one has the original. Often they just get tossed. Have no idea how much of his original gears the OP has.

·
Registered
241 Posts
So... not sure if OP still following, but have noticed a number of NOS switches on eBay these days. BTW, they look fragile, but are surprisingly robust. Good luck with your restoration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts