Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK after having a slight problem with my bike and a bike in front of me (changing lanes on chevron white lines!!!) he caught my front tire with his rear and down I + bike went!

Result is the attached.... That was through full one piece leathers with very good knee armour. I was so so close to going out in mr draggin jeans without knee armour. There's a lesson there kids to be read and dismissed or listened to as you please! Needless to say the nurses (very nice) informed me that without the knee armour judging by the size of my swollen knee and where it impacted I would have been looking at knee reconstruction... scary

Anyway if and SC owners have any of the following for sale I would be MORE than interested! For a SC1000s

Rear brake lever
Ducati aftermarket mirror (RHS) like the paul smart type
Front fairing/screen
rear seat cowl
Termi exhaust in black RHS (if someone had a crash on the LHS)
Pazzo black lever (ha yeah I know)
throttle grip
new knee caps? RHS and LHS
new ankle

PM me if you are interested in selling any bits (not knees, i'm not buying those as it's illegal)

Such a shame as any of you who are on here a lot will now I have just finished a 2 month modding mission and she was beautiful!!! (as the other pic shows!)

Thanks Paul

Attachments

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Sorry about the bike PJ, but the main thing is that you are in one piece. Have a speedy recovery, Regards, Rob

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
So sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon, and hope the bike gets back to full glory.

BTW, you are like the 20th person on this board, this year, to have a get off on a sport classic. That doesn't make me feel too safe. ATGATT.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm glad you're OK. I can only agree with your take on equipment. It is really hard to put on even the vented stuff when it's this hot, but well worth the sweat at stop lights. Get that great bike back together!

·
Registered
517 Posts
PJ: So sorry about the fall!! Glad you're ok though.
Leather suits really work!
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

~k

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Wow. I'm so glad for yoy that you wore your gear and avoided what would surely have been far worse injuies. I'm a total ATGATT fan. I won't even consider riding in less than armored textile suits and almost always wear leather or D-Stone (60% more abrasion resistance than leather). I hope you heal up quickly and that you'll keep making the wise choice when you go for a ride.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
sorry to hear about your spill. glad you're OK.

about your termi: Ducati of Seattle was kind enough to let me order a single pipe, they have a part code for that and it costs about $550 (if I remember correctly...)

my local dealer wasn't willing to do it and tried to sell me a whole new set... don't let anyone fool you.

good luck!
best,
D.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fall but so glad your knees look like that and not something you got from your butcher! Just goes to show that gear is worth every penny. Knee "reconstruction" means problems walking for the rest of your life. I am sure you are already thinking of getting the bike back on the road... hope you can do it soon.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Heal fast and well mate.
Hope you get your bike fixed quickly too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about your fall. Glad you were wearing leathers, and get well soon!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Heal fast PJ, good to hear that the damage to yourself and your bike is not too bad. What's going on over there mate?? First Ben and now you! :eek:

I am just about to throw a leg over mine but I think I may take it easy today after hearing about the 2 of you so recently...

JC

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Get well bro....

Hate to hear stories like this.

Good thing you had full gear on.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Glad to hear that you are doing ok. Have a speedy recovery brother!:)

·
Registered
714 Posts
AY KARUMBA. being a graduate of road rash school myself one can not emphasize the importance of proper riding gear,cruising or racing skin comes off the same way when dragged across pavement.I also broke the same knee twice{very ouch the second time}.point is you never know when its coming.be a good cub scout and be prepared.good luck ,heal well.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sorry to read about your crash, glad you're still around to tell the tale.

Ditto what you & others have said regarding protective gear. Hope you and your bike are together on the roads soon.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Ppe

Personal Protective Equipment. Important at work or at play.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts