Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize you have all had your 6k service performed by now, but what did it cost? I just had mine completed and had to float a loan to get the bike back. My service included the following, valves checked and clutch and brake fluids changed. I had a bad fuel issue and had to change spark plugs, fuel filter, oil and filter prior to this service. Also, my bike had two recall issues that were addressed. Both recalls required removing both fairings. So what would you expect to pay? My total was 865.00. Any thoughts or feedback?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Sounds about right here too. It's always $800-$1000 range it seems. :think:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Just curious, what year and model do you have?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Did you have shims replaced as well? Seeing as how you almost have to disassemble the bike to get at the valves, the price seems about right. I got tired of the time it took to get the bike to a shop I trusted and dropping at least a grand every time I showed up,so I decided to do it myself. A bit daunting the first few times, but if you have any wrenching skills, you can do it. Tool, shims, are costly up front, but they will pay for themselves over time. Quickly, really!Having two 4 valve engines to administer to, I feel I'm saving quite a bit. More money for tires and chains,etc. that I seem to burn through. Get a service manual from desmotimes( he carries tools as well) and have at it. If you run into trouble, someone from this list will help you through it...Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts