Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before ,but, I can't seem to find the right search question to get answers to my questions. Hope you all won't mind. I'm considering either a 696 or 796. I ride mostly commuting to work and back and small jaunts here and there. Also, I ride by myself. I'm only seeing 100cc difference. It seems to me that the smaller 696 would be more economical and cheaper to own/operate while not giving up that much more performance. I had a 620 Multistrada that was an absolute hoot to ride back in '06/'07. I sold my GT1000 a couple years ago and am having seller's remorse, but, my financial condition is limited now. Can anyone here give some advice that's owned or ridden both ??? With the 2013 models coming out soon, it might just be a good time to buy a 696 or 796. Thanks for your help. The Kid

·
Registered
303 Posts
i dont think youd be disappointed with either...696 would be money well saved...and the 796 would be money well spent...which ever you get is going to be a lot of fun...

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
I see This type of question lot And it completely baffles me. Whether you're financially challenged or not at the moment, why would you buy ANY new bike which will depreciate massively the minute you ride it out from dealership? For example there are many almost pristine examples of ducti monsters with real engines (not the gutless mini bikes you speak of) for much less than the purchase price of the bikes you mention new! I have never bought a new bike, for a myriad of reasons, but top of my list is depreciation. For example, my 749r which retailed for $26k new, I purchase with 1600 miles for $13,500 including a full titanium exhaust and many extra options. To me, the bike was new, first service and taxes had been paid for, and I purchased a 50% of price plus options.

So, 696 or 796??? ... Neither... But a nice used 1100 monster... Yup!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im assuming this bike would be financed unless the op meant financially limited meant only having an extra 10g's lying around. In any case it's (usually) cheaper month to month to finance a new bike then used. So maybe he is tryin to justify the cost difference between a 696 and 796 regarding payments. I know I compared the 796 and 1100 Evo last year when I bought my bike and $30 a month difference made the Evo a no brainer. For what it's worth I would demo both and decide what feels better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recommend getting a sit on each; the 696 is a little smaller than the 796. Aside from fit and the single sided swingarm, you can't go wrong. If finances are you main concern, the 796 isn't that much more expensive... might be worth it just so you don't go through that "oh man I totally should have spent the extra bones when I had the chance!" moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts