Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just got myself a new 696, love the bike! I am on the lookout for carbon termis, where did you guys buy yours from and for how much?

Also, please post links to cheap sites. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Furry muff...

So wheres a good site to get em from? Here? http://www.store.commoto.com/monster-6961100-exhaust-systems-c-15_239_240.html

I have heard some have got them for $1200?
In most cases the dealer where you bought the bike gives the best deals. Generally speaking I would say most of the Ducati accessories are like hens teeth to find and they're expensive to boot. I ordered a rear fender eliminator over a month ago from Commotto and still no sign. Ihave been given a few different release dates each time one comes then goes with nothing ever arriving.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I ordered a rear fender eliminator over a month ago from Commotto and still no sign. Ihave been given a few different release dates each time one comes then goes with nothing ever arriving.
Believe me, it pains us to have the release dates change (especially if they do it more than once!)... I assume it is because Ducati's supplier of these fender eliminators are doing the same thing to them and maybe it is the supplier of a part to the supplier, etc... so it goes all the way down the line... it sucks though as we look like the bad guy since we deal directly with the customer! We don't want to be the bad guy! :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Believe me, it pains us to have the release dates change (especially if they do it more than once!)... I assume it is because Ducati's supplier of these fender eliminators are doing the same thing to them and maybe it is the supplier of a part to the supplier, etc... so it goes all the way down the line... it sucks though as we look like the bad guy since we deal directly with the customer! We don't want to be the bad guy! :D
I know it's 100% Ducatis fault. There is a big dif between owning a Honda and a Ducati.You'd swear they don't give a dam about their distributers and customers.I've lived with this for a few years. Love the bike,not the service.I speak to you with 15 years of experience in business and know all to well of supplier screw ups at your expense.It was a real eye opener at the shear # of screw ups from suppliers,mostly daily.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I noted that the OP is an Aussie. Does anyone know if Ducati have different tunes for different markets? If the answer is no, then I would also like to buy from our sponsor store as it is heaps cheaper than getting it from Ducati locally!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts