Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been brought up, and I do NOT want to start a rumor thread, but is there really a smaller displacement Streetfighter coming out? At the Ducati shop today with my gf, and the sales guy said "....and you could get the new Streetfighter for her, the smaller one..." :eek:

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Forgive me if this has been brought up, and I do NOT want to start a rumor thread, but is there really a smaller displacement Streetfighter coming out? At the Ducati shop today with my gf, and the sales guy said "....and you could get the new Streetfighter for her, the smaller one..." :eek:
Maybe he meant the Hyper 796?

·
Bon Vivant
10,925 Posts
Either you got a really stupid sales guy who doesn't know the difference between the
Hypermotard and the SF or your sales guy was letting the cat out of the bag... I'd bet on the former :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Giulio Malagoli mentioned once that there wont ever be a "small" SF. Just does not match the new product concept of Ducati. I believe Mr. Malagoli...

·
Registered
395 Posts
....."....and you could get the new Streetfighter for her, the smaller one..." :eek:
Could he be talking about 848SF? :rolleyes:

I do not know this sales guy from Adam, but there are a lot of them flapping their gums just to hear themselves talk.

The lease on my 4Runner is up and my sales nut is telling me the new ones will not have V8 in their line up (the dealership mechanics had a good chuckle when I asked them about this)

·
Registered
91 Posts
An 848 Street Fighter would be sweet, but there has been nothing released to dealers about this. A 696 street fighter would be stupid.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A 696 would almost certainly be air cooled since Ducati would most likely not develop a 696 liquid cooled motor. And the Monster line has become the naked air-cooled line with the SF line being the naked liquid cooled line. Therefore it doesn't even fit in the product alignment Ducati just went through in the last few years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts