Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the micro faring that came on my 696 really move that much air? I mean, if I take it off, will I really notice that it is not there? Has anyone had it both ways?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
53 Posts

I prefer the look without it but found it moves just enough air to take some pressure off of the chest at higher speeds and smoothes out the flow around my helmet. So I put it back on. Being in FL there is also a noticable difference in bugs on just my helmet compared to bugs all over :D

This is with stock bars and a long torso, so I sit well forward over the tank.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I removed mine and noticed no difference at all. Its 2" tall, so I really dont think it does anything other than look good (or not, depending on your point of view).

Haven't missed mine for one second.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is coming from the Shiver 750 that had no fairing in which I could truly see my instrument cluster the entire time to the Monster 1100 where I can see over the entire cluster and on to the street.

I can tell you that at lower speeds I seem to feel it, but once I hit 75 mph it feels exactly the same. I'll be taking off the Bikini Fairing ASAP.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, now here is the next progression, where can I find the plastic one, I don't want the Carbon, seeing as I don't have any other carbon on my bike. I know that you are supposed to get it when you get the bike, but I didn't. So, can I just walk in and get the instrument cover?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ok, now here is the next progression, where can I find the plastic one, I don't want the Carbon, seeing as I don't have any other carbon on my bike. I know that you are supposed to get it when you get the bike, but I didn't. So, can I just walk in and get the instrument cover?
Yeah I didn't get one either, so I called my salesperson and asked if it was supposed to come with the cover. And he said, oh yeah, we have a bag full of them because nobody wants it. So your dealer should have yours and give it to you free, along with the 2 black plastic spacers.

Take a look at this other thread:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=68036

1 - 6 of 6 Posts