Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last and now during my current multi-day road trip, the check engine light has been coming on for a few seconds then going out. My Duc is performing OK when this happens. It leads me to a couple questions:

1. Does the check engine light have to be on to check see an error?
  2. Is the proper way to check the codes is to push the left toggle switch up while you're stopped and the error codes should be shown?
  3. If the light doesn't stay lit, is my Duc probably OK? What might be causing the light to come on?

:confused:

TIA

·
Registered
250 Posts
My 696 has done this also several times, usually after some full throttle blasts. But like you said, the bike runs fine. I figure it is a minor glitch?
This is one of the things I will let my tech know when I bring my bike in for my 1 yr service.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm bringing mine in for the 7500 mile service when I get back and will mention this also.

My 696 has done this also several times, usually after some full throttle blasts. But like you said, the bike runs fine. I figure it is a minor glitch?
This is one of the things I will let my tech know when I bring my bike in for my 1 yr service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts