Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the Duc, not a big fan of how my nuts are constantly smashed against the tank. Anyone have any experience with all or some of these to have some good comparison? Comfort is not an issue - hell, I think the stock saddle is comfortable - it's more the design so that I'm not pushed up against the tank.
Thanks, from me and the boys.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
The Sargent is definitely an improvement over the stock 796 seat. I have also tried one of the Ducati options on a demo bike, but I can't remember which seat it was; it had a suede-like finish. At any rate, I found it worse than the stock seat because once my nuts were pushed close to the tank it was very difficult to move them back. It was the nut-ratchet seat. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a corbin seat and done a lot of kilometers in a day on it and it is fine. Not sure about the rest of them but it looks the business.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have the Ducati comfort seat on my 1100 EVO and while it is comfortable the fabric is grippy so it makes moving around in the saddle more difficult. Plus, the thicker padding has me sitting up higher which basically changes the weight distribution enough that it makes me feel a bit out of sorts in the twisties compared to the stock seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had three seats on mine.

Stock
Ducati comfort
Sargent low

Stock is absolute crap. Nutz into tank and sore ass in a short time.

Comfort better than stock, but still sore ass, cramped legs and it increases seat height to the point that it was hard for me to get on and off the bike and it was hard to tippy toe the bike around.

Sargent low best so far. Nice low height for feet flat and not nut bashing. Good comfort for a sporty bike like this. It also looks really good.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts

Stock
Ducati comfort
Sargent low

Sargent low best so far. Nice low height for feet flat and not nut bashing. Good comfort for a sporty bike like this. It also looks really good.
Any suggestions on how to store the tool kit and other goodies under the Sargent seat? Just got mine for my 1100 Evo, and it doesn't have the rubber strap like the stock seat, which I used not just for the tool kit, but also for insurance card and registration. I've thought about trying to glue a rubber piece in, but am concerned about (a) heat melting the glue and (b) whether there's room.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Stock
Ducati comfort
Sargent low

Stock is absolute crap. Nutz into tank and sore ass in a short time.

Comfort better than stock, but still sore ass, cramped legs and it increases seat height to the point that it was hard for me to get on and off the bike and it was hard to tippy toe the bike around.

Sargent low is probably the best in terms of moving around on the seat and lower seat heat and flat seat really solved the nut smashing issue. Stock was ok, hard to move around on it, nut smashing...comfort seat is overrated, had one and sold it..made the seat much higher and felt weird since your center of gravity is much higher.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just buy some tank grips. I've got the Ducati Low Seat and had the same issue, but got some GripTech tank grips and now don't slide into the tank under brakes as your thighs save the package from being crushed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts