Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to the forum, i just got a 64 monza jr. 160. it came pretty much bare, all i have is the frame, forks, swing arm, rims with the brakes and thats it. any help on where to get parts, what should i go about doing first, i guess and so on. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome. This forum is a great source of information. Check the recent threads; there are several 160 and Monza projects going on. Your best bet would be talking to those guys. Also join the bevelheads list on-line, as they are by far the best source of the information on old Ducatis. Good luck. Dan

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
+1 on the advice already given. As for where to start, figure out what you want to end up with. That will give you a basis to figure out what it's going to cost and what sort of parts you want to look for.

A lot of parts interchange in that era so putting something together isn't a problem. The problem often occurs when people figure out how much it's going to cost to get where they want to end up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there,

I have lots of time on my hands just now, and while searching for a Scrambler project bike for myself, I came across this Craigslist listing:

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1466694367.html

Certainly lots of parts there for you!

Cheers
Graham

Oh, and if you hear of any Scrambler projects, preferrable widecase, please let me know!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys. what bikes are interchangeable with the monza jr. ? also do the front forks come totally apart? i cant seem to be able to get the shaft out.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
There are PARTS that interchange, not bikes. A lot of parts off a 250 Monza will "fit", a lot of other things won't. And those parts that fit may require a few tweaks here and there to make work. For instance, you can bolt on the frotn end from a 250 but you need a spacer on the steering stem.

It's been a long time since I looked at the foks on a 160 but I'm pretty sure the top cap on the slider screws off if you have a wrench to fit the little indentations? You've already gotten the spring covers off I'm guessing? They screw on the sliders also.

I have no iodea where you're going to find the seals to put them back tgether with btw. Maybe Guzzino or Domiracer has them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt mean actual bikes, i meant what parts off like the monza 250's. thanks for the info

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone know where i can download a factory or some kind of parts catalog so i can see what is what when im ordering stuff?

·
Registered
281 Posts
thanks for the info guys. what bikes are interchangeable with the monza jr. ? also do the front forks come totally apart? i cant seem to be able to get the shaft out.
mattc:
125 Bronco forks/wheels /hubs are the same as 160 Monza Jr. Domiracer has partsmans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does anyone know if the sliders come out of the front forks? it seems to be know way to take them out. there not built like the 250's or any normal fork.

·
Registered
281 Posts
does anyone know if the sliders come out of the front forks? it seems to be know way to take them out. there not built like the 250's or any normal fork.

It's been a while but as I recall, using a length of rod (like allthread from ACE Hardware) and making a slot in one end with a hacksaw and a 90 deg. bend as a handle for torque, you can reach into the tube with a mini flash light and unthread the slider, freeing it up for removal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Matt, I have a lot of body work for a "square style" Monza Jr. but I believe 1964 used the more rounded stlye. If you need the later model stuff let me know.
Duane

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Matt, I have a lot of body work for a "square style" Monza Jr. but I believe 1964 used the more rounded stlye. If you need the later model stuff let me know.
Duane
thanks a lot, i will def contact you if i need some parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts