Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning a rebuild of a 250 Monza. In using ebay, of course, I am confused. Is the frame of a 350 Monza the same as that of the 160 Jr.? How about the Bronco? They look the same, but, . . .

What brought this up was the availability of a center stand from a jr. I didn't know if it would fit the 250 frame.

Would appreciate a contact for other basics in advise on issues that I probably should have known before I bashed into this nostalgic project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
swingarm of a 160 frame is shorter , centerstand of a 160 is also shorter then of a 250 , the 160 got 17 inch wheels and 250's 18 inch

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Pretty much any tank from a narrowcase will fit any other narrowcase, but they aren't all the same size - some are longer than others.

Also, I'm pretty sure all Monza Jrs came with 16" wheels, not 17". I know the later square styled ones did anyway. In any case the centerstand won't work as already mentioned. The shocks on a 250 are a touch longer too so all around it's just not gonna do it...

The frames from a 160 and 250 Monza do have some differences also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely do not try to fit a 250 to a 160 frame if you want to do a 250 build. Not only is it shorter, but you'll drive yourself crazy with the different placements of the lugs, frame geometry, and other pieces (for example, the toolbox/airbox mounting lugs are different between the 250 square type Monzas and the round type monzas).

I would suggest you find out exactly what kind of look you want, then look carefully at the frames available. Looking specifically at toolbox/airbox mounting holes, passenger lugs, chain guard mounts on swingarm (250 scrambler frames don't have chainguard mounts on the swingarm), and the rear frame geometry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts