Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding yesterday and I notice that my bike felt like it was down on power. When I got it up to about 7k rpm it got kinda jerky. I cant figure out why, I just brought it in to the shop to get a new clutch and steering head bearing about 3 weeks ago.
thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
This might be blatantly obvious to someone else, but could you first tell us what year your bike is?

I had similar issues with my '95 900ss which turned out to be the carburetor. I had to do a full tear-down, cleaning of the carbs, and recalibration to fix it. If it is indeed the carbs, you may have a obstructed main jet. Aside from the RPMs, does the jerkiness also have anything to do with how open the throttle is? If it happens on multiple gears at/around the same throttle position it's probably the carbs.

However, if your SS is fuel injected, what I just said doesn't apply.

Also, anecdotally, I had a friend with a 900M who's ride was jerky (she described it as 'angry') which turned out to be a cracked head gasket.

Anyway, if you can provide a little more info (about your bike and exactly how/when your problems happen), I'm sure the great folks here can give you more help than I ever could.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2003, I was I riding a couple of days ago and when I was getting on the throttle then around 7 and half rpm there no more power and the engine feels really rough

1 - 3 of 3 Posts