Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am one of the few 620 Sport owners here. I think I recall only seeing one other one. I took my bike out to the track for the first time last week. I could hang with some of the I4 600's in the corners, but not enough hp to pass in the straights.

1.a./b. Interested to see the responses on this question.

2. From my understanding the 800/1000 exhaust was only different in that the had a straight pipe without the honeycomb convdrter inside. Per a Ducati Dealer, we can still order the pipes from them, but do not have the option of the pre-mapped ECU to go with them. Price was around $1200.

3. Sharkskinz and Hotbodies both told me they didn't carry parts for the bike.

4. The only power mod I have done was to put in the iridium plugs and put in better spark plug wires (TPO Dragon - see ebay). Oh yeah, and I figure my custom paint and powdercoated parts added at least 5-10 hp. :) The Ducati specs show 62 hp at the shaft for the bike and the only Dyno I have done came to 65.3 at the wheel (yes, I know all are different).

·
Registered
371 Posts
Found a Czech company that still makes SSie race fairings though shipping to Oz might be a bit pricey.
And that company name is ____?

pegaxs said:
As for the bodies on these bikes, i am 99% sure its the same body across all the 99+ SS bikes. I have converted a 750Sport into a SS using gravel rashed 2nd hand fairing parts off a 1000DS without an issue. Would imagine the 620 to have the same fairing parts. All of the part numbers match except for colours. If you are buying a replica race glass kit, im sure it would be the same across all of the SS range.
When I said "my bike", I was including those others as they would fit too. I was told by both companies that just in general, they don't carry parts for our gen of SS (or S in our case).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.