Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
What kind of fuel consumption are people getting?

For the first 5000km's, (3100miles), I was getting around 4L/100kms (59mpg), but immediately after that service, it's gone up to 4.8L/100kms (49mpg). I ride mostly to work, on the highway and a little bit in the city. I don't ride very hard. I'm just very surprised that the fuel consumption went up after the service - surely it should go down as the engine and mechanics wear themselves in and start running more smoothly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Potential Ducatista

I too would be interested in what kind of mileage the 620 gets. While mpg isn't the only reason I'm looking at this bike it will help with the deciscion.(sp?)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I consistently get 160 miles out of a 3 gallon tank of gas with my 620ie. My riding is a mix of highway and aggressive backroad riding.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm on a carbed 750, w/ a stage II jet kit and other mods, and I ride like an @$$hole ;) (no wheelies, but very ... spirited, let's just say) and I see between 40-50mpg. So you're ahead of the curve, as far as I'm concerned. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info. My local Kaw dealer is becoming a Ducati dealer soon. They've got me lined up for test rides this spring. As much as I'd like a Multi, I'm short. I'm e' shopping and the 695 looks about right. It has to be an all purpose bike. I commute 80 miles a day and try to play on the weekend.

·
Registered
923 Posts
mugwump, I just noticed your location - I read your post and was like "what a coincidence, Thunder Alley should be getting their Ducati franchise next month ... " - and then I look, Oswego. LOL I'm in Syracuse (and actually, my wife is from Oswego, so we're up there quite a bit) - so when you pick up your ride, we'll have to catch up. Plenty of awesome roads between here and there. :)

I was just on the phone w/ Steve on Thursday talking about the 1098 ... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking forward to the promised test rides in the spring. Thunderstorm tomorrow and snow this weekend, I'm unhappy. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts