Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys,
I have a 2003 ducati 620 sport that is LAMS restricted. I have a track day coming up soon and would like to temporarily unrestrict it so I can have full power for the point of this said track Day.

Has anyone on here unrestricted a 620 ducati (monster has the same restriction) and has anyone worked out a way to re restrict it as well.
I'm having major trouble even Unrestricting it in the first place. After hours if research and even more hours trying to work on it, I gave up and decided to ask.
Thanks for the help everyone :)

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I'm guessing they made it difficult on purpose. Do you know exactly what the restriction is ? It may be necessary to swap in unrestricted parts rather than make yours unrestricted. What will they do if it's noticable it's been tampered with ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, but I finally worked out how to do it.
Well as long as it's still restricted it shouldn't matter.
I'm only doing it for a track day, which I can ride any bike, so it shouldn't matter that it's a bit scraped up or something.

It's only a throttle restriction, so it's not really to difficult, once I worked out how to unscrew the bolt.

·
Excel Addict
5,082 Posts
You'll need to increase the main jet size as well. The lams bikes have smaller jets. Removing the throttle stop alone makes little difference.
Isn't it fuel injected?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where was the track? Circuit de UNE? Uralla? (Why do they have a old race car on the sign into town?) Oxley Hwy TT?
Mate just because I live in Armidale doesn't mean I can't travel.

It's really not hard to ride the 8 or so hours to the track for a day I've had booked for a fair while.

The bike is restricted now anyway.
I rode it down restricted, unrestricted it for the day and then re restricted it.

Once on my blacks (only a few months now) I'll go out and get a 1000ds :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I wasn't really having a go at you and I was a little curious as to where you rode at if you did. I could care less if you ride unrestricted. The throttle opening in most dangerous situations is restricted by your right hand anyway.

Your post I quoted sounded like such lawyer speak I couldn't help myself!

I have been trying to get up to Armidale to see a friend up there. If you want to try a 900 I'd be happy to let you ride mine. It won't be for a couple of months as I'm heading OS shortly. But if you are interested some time in freezing arse Mid July I could be up there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Mate just because I live in Armidale doesn't mean I can't travel.

It's really not hard to ride the 8 or so hours to the track for a day I've had booked for a fair while.

The bike is restricted now anyway.
I rode it down restricted, unrestricted it for the day and then re restricted it.

Once on my blacks (only a few months now) I'll go out and get a 1000ds :)
I'm curious too, where did you do your track day & how did you go?

Craig

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I wasn't really having a go at you and I was a little curious as to where you rode at if you did. I could care less if you ride unrestricted. The throttle opening in most dangerous situations is restricted by your right hand anyway.

Your post I quoted sounded like such lawyer speak I couldn't help myself!

I have been trying to get up to Armidale to see a friend up there. If you want to try a 900 I'd be happy to let you ride mine. It won't be for a couple of months as I'm heading OS shortly. But if you are interested some time in freezing arse Mid July I could be up there.

G'day.

Your sig states you are in Santa Cruz USA, yet you seem to know the Armidale / Uralla area fairly well, and will be there in FYFAO July. What gives ?

To the car on the sign at the town limits.
In days gone by there was an event known as the Guyra GP.
It was basically demo runs for vintage racing machines. They made a course through and around the town CBD.
It went BRILLIANTLY the first year (novelty value i guess)
Pretty good the second year ,,, then fell on it's arse the 3rd year.

The Uralla township saw it as an opportunity going begging, so put their hand up to run it.
Went in boots and all.
It only ran the once at Uralla.

It was a GREAT idea, that just didn't make the transition from potential to reality.

On the subject of your visit to these here parts ,,,, there's a few Ducati.MS people around this way ,,,, Gusman & Able Duc at Port Macquarie, and CB & myself in Tamworth. Let us know when and where, and maybe we can share a brew or two at somewhere like Bendemeer, Uralla, or Walcha. Maybe even Long Flat.

Cheers
TD

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks for the invite! I'm an Aussie who spends far to much time in the US. I'm Sydney based in Oz but my family are in the Upper Hunter. My sister was in Tamworth but moved back down to Muswellbrook.

I bought my 2000 a couple of years ago when it came up cheap while I was at home. Then I discovered how bad Sydney was to ride in. Compared to Santa Cruz it's horrendous. Up your way would be awesome and I've got out on the Puttey Rd but being booked in NSW is a constant worry.

I have a friend in Uralla who worked at UNE so I've spent some time up there and I want to ride up. I was just back in Gods country for 6 months as my Mum had some health issues and in that time I rode a total a 3 times so I want to make up for that. I was always going back and forth to Sydney when crap weather was forecast so I drove rather than rode.

If the weather is OK in July I'm heading up for sure. I'll take back some touring gear from here so I don't have an excuse to whimp out. It's cold here all the time. I'm normally only in Oz when it's warm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts