Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals... A friend just acquired a super-low-miles (under 1900 miles) 2002 M620ie for his wife. The tank has a couple of dents & the bike needed a good cleaning, but overall it seems in very good shape. The seller was the second owner & was dramatically, incurably, vertically challenged - so he had it lowered (lowering link in rear/dropped triple tree on forks). Upon closer inspection, we noticed evidence of the front wheel hitting a curb pretty hard - dramatic curb rash, which likely resulted in a tip over and subsequent dented tank. Inspection of the frame, head tube and forks did not indicate any other damage - no dents, obvious repair/repaint work etc. However, upon riding it, my friend & I noticed a very slight pull to the left - barely noticeable, but there.

What could be contributing to this? The lowering - need suspension adjustment inspected? Badly dented wheel?

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Maybe the forks are somewhat twisted in between the upper and lower triples or off centered to where it looks like the bars are tracking straight but the wheel isn't.

Many a dirt bikes I've had this happen on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
x2 to the above.

check the rear wheel alignment using the marks on the swingarm in the brackets. both sides should be exactly at the same spot on the same mark.

also check for the forks being twisted as mentioned.
one other thing it could be too that hasnt been mentioned yet which easily could have happened when lowering it: measure the exact height the fork tubes rise above the top triple clamp, it should be completely identical for both tubes. if one tube is even a hair higher than the other, it will put the front wheel at an angle and will almost definitely cause it to pull to one side

1 - 4 of 4 Posts