Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode bike other day in the rain for 10 miles then hours later went to ride again and drove it 1/2 mile to my gate and shut off bike to open gate. When got back on and turned key no power, no lights, or horn but hear fuel pump humming.

All fuses ohmed metered and good and yes I checked the main fuse at battery, battery shows 12.60 volt. starter solenoid shows it getting same volts but when try jump starter solenoid nothing happens. I also tried swapping the two relays but nothing.

Any advice ? Really need fix it it is my only transportation. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get a test light and follow the power until it stops.
Good ideal try that in morning so far get same volts at battery as do at solenoid but wont even let me jump terminals but would a bad solenoid cause no power? I wouldnt think would

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I noticed dash lights cam on for a second when turn key but volts on battery drop from 12.6 to 3.5 so using some crappy jumper cables and another bikes battery everything works except cranking just a click but think due to bad jumper cable because battery from other bike voltage drops to 11.5.

So do you guys think its bad battery?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
is that the voltage at the solid part of the battery terminal, or the screw on terminals, etc? make sure you're on the battery. if so, it's dead.

find out why, don't just replace it and assume everything else is good.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Remove both + and - terminals of the battery. Wire brush them clean and shiny, even if they look good to begin with. Reconnect (+ first, - last). Top up the battery, and then see if it starts.

I've had a micro layer of ? on the neg. terminal that drove us batty one night. Connection was tight, no visible corrosion, but when the key was turned on, there was 12V between the - post and the - wire. Unreal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts