Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, My son is getting bored with his 620 ie sport and wants me to hop it up for him.
We have aftermarket exhaust already, other than that it is stock and perfectly tuned. I just ordered a 14 tooth c/s sprocket Looking for feedback on what the best bang for your buck is to give this thing some more juice, thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
there isn't a LOT available for the m620ie really. the 14t is going to be the best bang for the buck. after that, maybe a lightweight flywheel so it'll rev quicker. since your som already has an exhaust, all that left is a air filter (or velocity stacks like the TPO beast) and a power commander with a custom map. if you're so inclined, i hear that the m800 engine will swap into the 620 frame...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Guys, My son is getting bored with his 620 ie sport and wants me to hop it up for him.
We have aftermarket exhaust already, other than that it is stock and perfectly tuned. I just ordered a 14 tooth c/s sprocket Looking for feedback on what the best bang for your buck is to give this thing some more juice, thanks
The 14 tooth sprocket will make a difference. The aftermarket exhaust and the DP open airbox will help some. Mainly the airbox and exhaust mods will make the bike seem more fun. The sensation of acceleration will be enhanced.

If you want to take it further you can find a set of 696 heads which flow better. While you are at it go for the high compression 750 cc pistons and cylinders. Not a lot of people do this because the easier option is often to find a used 900 and swap it in.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Invest a bit in upgraded suspension + suspension tune and send him off to track days and make that 620 work!

As noted, you're not going to get too much more from a 620 and you're quickly headed to the land of (greatly) diminished returns. But a power commander or similar open air box with a proper map will give it some more kick and that 14t will make it feel more grunty. Beyond those items you won;t get much more from the 620 without a lot of cost and effort.

As Trav said, it'd be much more cost effective to get your hands on a larger CC donor and swap it in.

But I gotta say one can have a lot of fun on a lower HP bike. I started off on a 620 Monster and got a 900. Recently a picked up a KTM 690 Enduro with Supertmoto wheel set that I've been lashing at the track. Lays out a whopping 55hp or so at the rear wheel and I've lapped folks on liter i4s and the various Duc SBK mills. Much more fun to be the guy on the 'slow bike' busting passes that the inverse

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
The 620 platform is a hoot!!! Upgrade the suspension and then a little more go juice and your son will have a really fun backroad brawler!! Those things are like riding a bicycle with a freakin motor wedged into em.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you decide to upgrade the suspension, I'll buy your forks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts