Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch wasn't engaging until the lever was almost all the way out but wasn't getting any slippage. I thought I'd replace it anyway, so put in a Barnett clutch 100 miles ago, engagement didn't change. The fluid in the master cylinder didn't look good, a bunch of yellow-is gunk on the bottom. Cleaned it well & put new fluid in, hooked up the MightyVac to the bleeder valve & tried to draw new fluid into the line. All I get is air bubbles and the fluid in the m. cylinder decreases very slowly, the tubing never completely fills with fluid, as you'd expect eventually. Even with the bleeder valve closed I'm still pulling air bubbles into the tubing. I thought maybe some of the yellow gunk got into the line so I blew air into both holes in the bottom of the cylinder but fluid still won't flow through the tubing, not even with the valve removed & the m. cylinder filled.
Any suggestions? Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
132 Posts
A lot of the time those vac systems pull in air through the threads/around the nipple... ;) is it creepy when I wink after I say nipple... ;) Squeeze, open, close, release, squeeze, open, close, release, squeeze, open, close, release :sneaky:. give that a try and get back to us.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
You can wrap Teflon tape on the nipple?threads, but it will still suck?air from between the hose and nipple ?. I’ve used a zip tie there, to varying results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts