Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you recommend? My ST3 is due and am looking for recommendations including independent shops.

Regards,

nptonthat

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Buy the repair manual from LT at DesmoTimes and find an experienced fellow Ducati rider to help you do it yourself.
Put the savings into the bike.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
easy enough if you know your way around with a wrench, but in some cases it is cheaper to pay someone to have it done. Remember reading a thread where someone was changing tires at home to save money, bike fell off the stand and destroyed couple thou worth of bodywork, those tires came out the price of gold.

I personally know few shops in the "area"

Seacoast in NH picked up BCM old crew and they are a very knowledgable bunch, worth a ride.

Dunbar in Brockton, closer and Tom knows his Ducs!

Razee's in N Kingstown RI, been a Ducati dealer since before anyone even knew what the hell "desmo" is, they are my closest dealer so I visit them often.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the advice. Bought the DUC from Dunbar. Know he is good. Was hoping for an independent shop near Boston.

Regards,

Nptonthat

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Appreciate the advice. Bought the DUC from Dunbar. Know he is good. Was hoping for an independent shop near Boston.

Regards,

Nptonthat

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
I would reach out to Derek at Adrenaline Cycle. He just started working there and he is very knowledgeable with Ducatis. He also runs Boston Moto and is always at their track days up in NHMS. I would get in touch with him and let him know that Wilson w/ Duc 848 referred you to him. You can also see him browsing the New England Street Riders forum (username = Degsy)

[email protected]
(508) 812-4280
2595 G A R Hwy
Swansea, MA 02777

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. Exactly the advice I needed.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Adrenaline Cycle is closer to you, but there is also Seacoast Sport Cycle up in Derry, NH. This location is closer to me, but I believe they may cost more. I have heard great things about this location too and I did purchase my 1-piece Rev'It suit and Dianese Racing Jacket from them and they were awesome to work with.

Seacoast Sport Cycle

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm with the LTSnyder book. I just did my own ST3 12000 mile service. Measuring with feeler gauges is a bit of an art, but it comes quickly. With the purchase of an engine turning tool, shim kit, vac bleeder, brake fluid, oil, oil filter pliers, clutch, chain, engine ice coolant, mobil 1 oil, the LTSnyder book, a fender eliminator, I am still several hundred dollars ahead of the dealer service cost.

If you are going to ride this bike at all, you need to either learn how to take care of it, or have some deep pockets. Besides, if you are so inclined, working on a Ducati is a joy unto itself.

Best of luck to you. For a dealer, see Don at Great Bay. My friend just bought a Multistrada 1200 in Black. Don really treated him well. Jerry Milano at Moto Milano outside Portland, Me. is a good dealer as well.

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
Adrenaline is not closer to Boston than Dunbar.

I got few things from Adrenaline in the past, had them balance my tires, etc. did not see a single Duc, however I expect they are cheaper than a franchised dealer. The cost of service why I do my own work, was told to expect a $2000 bill if I get the "full monty" at the Ducati dealer, this would be few new rockers (always expect to find bad ones), belts, seals, bearings, gaskets, complete clutch (yeah, that wears as fast as rockers)

I chose to reuse the clutch, puled the rockers from a salvage motor, still had to get about $400 worth of parts and invest $300+ in tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts