Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
My guess is an oilchange, filterchange and possibly check CO-levels..

The first 600 miles is where the engine grinds off most of the excess materials that are still on some machined parts. Changing the oil gets rid off the steel shavings.

Most dealers recommend that you run the bike in for atleast 600 miles before changing the exhaust aswell.

//amullo

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
roadrash194 said:
My dealer says that they also check timing belt tension, which he said is very important.
That seems abit far fetched..
Wouldn´t that mean that you would need to come in for a check of tension 600 miles after every cambelt change?

But maybe I´m missing something, since we are talking Testastretta and not Desmoquattro.

//amullo

·
comrade moderator
26,859 Posts
Oil and filter change, clean and examine the screen, belt tension check, and a general once over looking for loose hardware (motor mount bolts, swingarm bolts, etc.).
BCM was very thorough on my 749. Bruce told me they'd rather see the bike with closer to 1000 miles on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked up my bike from it's 600 mile service which included the following.
1. Change oil and filter.
2. Check torque spec on engine mounts, swingarm, and clutch.
3. Check cam belt tensions.

As for the previous post about cam belt tension after so few miles. The proper tension is set when the belt resonates at 110 kilohertz. One of my belts was at 45 and the other at 65, so they were quite loose. The shop used a laser tool that measures the resonate frequency of the belts.

Thanks for the feedback

1 - 7 of 7 Posts