Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please post a pic of their 54mm full exhaust on a non-deep sump motor? I am looking for a picture of the loop at the bottom. As some of you may know from the struggles I had fitting a track-body work to my 749 with full exhaust. I decided to skip a few track days and buy the shark skinz, which supposedly fit the full exhaust. Tried fitting them last night, and it's a no go. The loop at the bottom is not clearing the belly pan. This makes me think if my full-exhaust installation is messed up. :eek::mad::confused:

·
Registered
508 Posts
solved

Plug in your air compressor and attach the small air sawzall. Cut the area around the pipe to fit. Done!

THank you thank you I know...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plug in your air compressor and attach the small air sawzall. Cut the area around the pipe to fit. Done!

THank you thank you I know...
I dremelled a piece in the back. But cutting a piece in the bottom of the belly pan defeats the purpose of Belly-pan.. of course that would be my last resort :( I am just wondering why it doesn't fit my bike, when it fits every other full-ex bikes.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i had a 54mm termi full system on my 03 749 and had to trim away a section at the rear of the belly pan just in front of the rear tire.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had a 54mm termi full system on my 03 749 and had to trim away a section at the rear of the belly pan just in front of the rear tire.
Was it at the bottom of the belly pan or just the vertical piece in the rear?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I installed a full 57mm termi kit on my 749. If you want pics or advice pm me your email...

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
They are talking about trimming on the piece that is vertical, not the bottom of the belly pan.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have some carbon and fiberglass here as well as the resins. If you want we can cut your belly up and then reshape it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I banged on the exhaust pipes with a mallet for a little while, and belly pan barely fits now. The pipes touch the bottom part, but I am done giving a shit about it. I just started the engine and let the exhaust pipes mold the fairings around them :D

Chris- That sounds like good plan. I didn't know that I could reshape fairings.. I will keep that in mind for the next set.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I made new fairing brackets out of aluminum that pushed the bottom of the fairing out a little further . Was still on when I sold it and no melting.

·
Registered
444 Posts
the long horizontal pipe was rubbing against the bellypan, so the bodywork was spaced with a hose clamp, screw and rubber stopper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts