Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to find anything bigger than 50mm as used on the Hyper. I have even begun a game of checking every new bike coming onto the market while reading the print mags, nothing is equipt with 50mm tubes. The biggest common size used on the largest of cruisers seems to be 43mm. So it makes me wonder what kind of riding environment Ducati was expecting for the Hyper?

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Marzocchi also makes a 53mm fork for Supermoto, MX, offroad. This fork is supposedly available for the HM but I haven't actually seen it in person yet, just photos.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Marzocchi also makes a 53mm fork for Supermoto, MX, offroad. This fork is supposedly available for the HM but I haven't actually seen it in person yet, just photos.

You beat me to it, I was going to respond with that Marzocchi info as well :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
This 53mm Marzzochi is legend.
It's been a long time people are waiting to put their hands on it. And I think the price is still unknown...

But yeah, it looks gorgeous and i can clearly picture my Hyper with it :)

Maybe the new Evo SP fork will be a nice alternative.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty smooth! So now we know there is a larger aftermarket set available. Do we know of anyone using a larger set on a stock bike?

·
Registered
513 Posts
My Husky enduro uses the 50mm forks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have some 53 mm we used when we raced AMA sm.I have thought abot using them bet I already have the racetech stuff installed.Also Ohilins makea 53 mm forks also.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Oh i know the 53mm are already out there.

The legend I'm talking about is the Marzo 53mm for Hypermotard, which is way different from the one shown on the marzo website and your picture.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Oh i know the 53mm are already out there.

The legend I'm talking about is the Marzo 53mm for Hypermotard, which is way different from the one shown on the marzo website and your picture.
Ah okay, Randy hasn't updated that part of his website for awhile. I might have to enquire if he has any news..

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Ah okay, Randy hasn't updated that part of his website for awhile. I might have to enquire if he has any news..
Ask him about the specific 53mm Hypermotard fork, and also about the "regular" 53mm.
I didnt find any shop online selling those 53 forks.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Ask him about the specific 53mm Hypermotard fork, and also about the "regular" 53mm.
I didnt find any shop online selling those 53 forks.
Randy was prompt in replying to me yesterday:

Anyways I have good news about the Marzocchi fork kit for the Hypermotard.

I spoke with Marzocchi just yesterday about this kit and finally received a promising result.

They should be available for order within just a couple weeks, and the estimate range I was given on its retail price makes it sound like it could be within $2900-$3800 for the entire kit.

Just keep checking the website, because as soon as these are finally available I will be the first to let you know.

Thank you,
Randy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts