Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any got the torque spec for the single pot rear Brembo caliper halves and mounting bolts for. 77 500cc Sport Desmo? That's the parallel twin desmo. I'm guessing it's the same for the 500 Pantah cause the calipers look the same, but I don't have a book for either, or any good estimate, would help. I got nothing. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing secret, You cant post large files.
He sent me a link to the manual. Seems there is a Sport Desmo update to the 500GTL manual, and we found the brake section, but haven't yet found a torque spec, course this was back in the day when few people cared about torque spec.

Also, they want some weird italian brake fluid, can I just use DOT 4 since the full system was flushed and rebuilt with new master cylinder plunger and caliper seals

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
He sent me a link to the manual. Seems there is a Sport Desmo update to the 500GTL manual, and we found the brake section, but haven't yet found a torque spec, course this was back in the day when few people cared about torque spec.

Also, they want some weird italian brake fluid, can I just use DOT 4 since the full system was flushed and rebuilt with new master cylinder plunger and caliper seals
just use the standard torque #s for whatever size screw you're dealing with. Ducati didn't build the calipers so it's unlikely there is a spec from them.

as for the fluid, just use DOT 3 or 4.

·
Registered
425 Posts
There is no point in going super tight, its just metal against metal with a small rubber O ring for a seal. Brembo used a thread lock on the original bolts which again implies they didn't go very tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts