Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my right front rotor (which is the same side as the the leaky front fork) has some play in it. I am assuming this is bad news and time for a new rotor? Here is a link to a short vid. Other rotor has no movement and neither do the two on my Tuono (same brembo rotors). Watch the bottom of the rotor starting around the 25 second mark to see the movement.

Questions #2 Should I see any fluid in this site glass. Oil level looks fine on the other side but it's weird to see a sightglass with nothing in it. New to Duc's so I'm curious. (Will be downloading manual in a moment to see if it says anything).

Same pic Question #3 So I am pretty sure this is an aftermarket clutch "something" (Black covered round piece clutch line goes into) and was told that it helps ease the clutch pull (which the clutch is quite easy to pull, much easier than I expected on a dry clutch anyway). Any info on what this is and what it does? The clutch does rattle and ting when the clutch is engaged (which I assume is normal on these dry clutches yes??).

Questions #4 I assume this tells me year/make/model but not sure... any help in understanding the "code"

Question #5
And finally... I know this is some sort of ECU fuel controller but I'm not familiar with the brand. Can anybody tell me anything about it?

Thanks for continuing to educate a newbie. I told you all I should have done a little more research before making a rash purchase :)
Toran

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've got questions two and three:

You only see oil splashing around in that sight glass when the engine is running; it is routinely used to view timing marks on the flywheel.

The black device you are looking at is an aftermarket clutch slave...it has a hydraulic piston in it that pushes on the clutch pushrod when you pull the clutch lever. It is from Evoluzione cyclesports I believe.

I look forward to learning the answer to the other question...best of luck!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The rotor appears bad. You ought to fix that fork seal as well. For a correct version of your bike use your VIN number. Search the forum, there are several threads on how to translate your VIN number. Or call Ducati.

To what is that piece of crap DB Tronic connected? Pictures of the wires in and out of it would be good. In all likelyhood it needs to go.

·
Registered
279 Posts
1. it's not unusual for floating rotors to have some 'play' in them. that is how they 'grow' when hot without getting warped etc and they find their own kind of path through the caliper. i'm not certain from that vid if there is anything wrong or not. but have a good look at all the rotor buttons that attach the outer rotor to the inner piece and make sure they are all there and not damaged/missing. check the mount bolts too.

2. no. that site glass if used to find Top Dead Centre (TDC) when rotating the engine by hand. it has the various timing/firing marks in there and you should line them up with the little arrow at the bottom.

3. it's the clutch slave cylinder. when you squeeze the clutch lever it pushes the piston in the master cylinder (on the bars), that compresses fluid in the brake lines and that fluid then pushes on the clutch slave cylinders piston which then actuates the clutch (releasing the clutch so you can shift gears)

4. no idea on the code but it's more likely a 'trim' code or some other code relating to the frame or to the spec of the bike.

5. it's a very old interceptor type ECU (from the look of it) that uses trim pots to adjust ign and fuel up or down from factory settings at various points in the rev range. very basic and pretty old looking but if it's running nicely I'd be tempted to just leave it alone.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Beer Baron (and everyone else)... I could only find one hit on DB Tronics when googling... The bike runs great so I'm not going to mess with anything. Here is what comes up... so there was at least one other Duc that used it... here is the link. Nice looking bike by the way...
QB Ducati MotoGP Replica MK2 - World of QB Carbon - Carbon Fibre for Motorcycles

I'll check on the rotor... I don't think any of the buttons are missing/damaged but I'll look again. Rotor runs straight from what I can tell but I haven't put it to an external truing caliper/device.
Thanks again guys!
Toran

1 - 5 of 5 Posts