Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to post this tale for a few weeks but I finally decided to move my lazy fingers on the keyboard now :) May 22-26 I had 12 Ducatisti friends (ok, there was a Honda and an MV Agusta F4 too) visit me from Switzerland for some ducfun! The guys who also have a race team, come every year and we ride together and every year they bring more people who want to join in the fun. We are a multicultural bunch, me being aussie and they are from all over Europe (swiss, italian, serbian etc) and we all meet up in Greece in the city where I live.

Anyway, Friday morning I rode my duc down to the port to take the guys to the hotel where they'd be staying and as soon as they left their bags there we started for our first 200km ride in the mountains just to warm up for the following days. One of the dudes came with a broken ankle and we borrowed a 500cc scooter from a greek guy I know so he could come on the first ride which was at a more relaxed pace. To my surprise he was hanging off the damn thing in the corners and scraping the bastard down! Of course as soon as we reached our destination the radiator had burst on it and the engine was fried! Hehehehehe:yeah:

The following days we rode all over the greater area in temperatures 32-35C which was a bother in the leather suits but I still loved every minute! We went on twisty mountain rides of course but the mountains in this region are by the shoreline so the view is amazing and most our rides took us to little seaside villages etc. When we weren't riding we were bumming at the beach or out on the town. I barely slept those days as we were out late and were riding from early morning every day, the perfect holiday! One of the days I rode my Aprilia RS125 race modded bike cos the guys wanted to see it and at some point when we were in the mountains I checked my mirror and they were all bunched together behind me to see the wasp go! hahaha

Now I'm counting the days until next May when they come again, it is always difficult saying goodbye but I have so much to look forward to next year. I'm already planning our 2010 rides :D

I don't have as many pics as I'd like, I'll get some from the guys and post more soon. Ride on guys, Ducati brings us together!!!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm jealous ! Nice lineup and great pics.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Wow! That looks like a blast! Thanks for the write up and the pictures, gives me something to look at while I am supposed to be working!:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
WOW. I can't take any more of this... that's just too much awesomeness to intake at once! You lucky bastard. :cool:

At the moment I'm stuck in exciting Okla-fuckin'-homa but I'll be moving out in about 3 months or so. Hopefully to a place with more twisties, I'm falling asleep riding the highways in this state.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, I just got back from a ride with some friends despite the heatwave here right now. Can't go more than a few days without riding, even that's too long! Call me ducjunkie:p
August is holiday season so I hope I'll have plenty more rides to post:)

Ride safely guys;)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Can't go more than a few days without riding, even that's too long! Call me ducjunkie:p
+1. I don't see how people live where there is snow for months.

Thanks for sharing, great pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts