Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has tried both and has some first hand experience, thank you in advance for sharing.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the social distancing is getting to some people...

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,882 Posts
I would imagine you could use either just fine. On my BST 5.75 I’ve only used the 180/55 and 180/60 Supercorsa SP and SC. I find both a perfect fit on the 5.75 rim. On the 5.5” rim I usually have about 4-5mm of chicken strip I find impossible to reach. With the 5.75 I can use all the tread area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
407 Posts
I can say a 190/55 has the same theoretical circumference as a 180/60...but will sit roughly 1/2in wider overall...it's a slower rounder tip in...as a result...if I was dragging a body to feed to a tiger I would probably opt for the 190...lol

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Either will be fine. Only thing is, you'll have to decide which suits you better and comfortably.

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
I'll chime in as I've ridden both... the 180 definitely turns in easier than the 190.

Now, that being said, I've always ridden a 180 on this bike, and it could be that the 190 was different enough that it bothered me. It absolutely DID take more effort to get her to roll over however.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 2 sets of wheels for my track only 748r, Marchesini stock wheels that came on it, 5.5” rim, ran 180, got a set of mag Marchesini from Steve at the old ECS in NY, 6” rear, run a 190, the tires both look correct rim to tire. Tip in still felt faster with the 6” because the wheels are so much lighter, I know same/same wheels/tires the 180 would be quicker turn in. The CF wheels I like and am looking at stop at 5.75”, was wondering if the 180 would be more stretched or the 190 more bunched, which bridged the .25” gap better.

·
Premium Member
8,715 Posts
I've had the 190 and 180 on my 916, the 180, as most have said, does turn in a little easier, but not enough to make a difference for a weekend rider. I also had the 190 on my Multistrada and always on my 999R. From the balanced look standpoint, the 190 fills out the rear better and that is what I like about it. The 180 is just too small to my liking, but most people wouldn't even notice.

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
Toss a coin. She’ll be right. Something to not lose sleep over. Over the years as a general rule I’ve found flatter style profiles (Michelin) felt better on wider rims and rounder profiles (Pirelli) fell nicer on narrower rims.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts