Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a lead on this or I guess a better question is 'Has the aftermarket sector started to make parts for the new SF848 yet?'

My local dealer has agreed to change the sprocket before I take delivery and may as well do it then. So I guess I just need some help sourcing the company that can supply the right part.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Hi. I see you're not getting too much help on this so far. I'd call a few major outlets and see what they say, places like Pro Italia. I'm sure everything you need is already being made, well 99% sure. It seems like your local dealer would know about this or at least be pointing you in the right direction.

But also, its accepted as safe, Much Cheaper, and even considered a better final drive ratio to go -1 (= 2.5 in back) down to 14t on the front rather than 3 up in the back.

You can put that $300 to something else good for the bike. I suggest different colored rizoma pea cups...:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
^ +848.. plus there is already a DP part.. it definitely boosts confidence that it's safe...

·
Temporary greeter
23,088 Posts
Sprocket changes are easy to do yourself. If I were you I would ride it first and see if you really need it. Usually dropping one tooth in front satisfies people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts