Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
BTW, those top speed numbers are purely mathematical. In fact, there's a good chance that the top speeds would be higher than the math would indicate since the stock Multistrada cannot reach redline in top gear. More gearing leverage could achieve a top speed closer to stock albeit at a higher RPM.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another question before I start cutting links...108 links with a 15/42 would put the hub more forward than stock, 110 links would make a long wheelbase, but the adjustment would now be little to none ?

Stock gearing, is the hub in a central adjustment location ?

·
Registered
881 Posts
@FalArAk
I can't comment for the 1200 but the 1260 has a longer swing-arm which necessitates a 120 link cut down to approximately 116~117. I can't remember which as my dealer did the cutting. I suspect the hub is positioned on the short end to take-up the slack as the chain stretches.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Using a 14 on the front means unless your chain adjustment is perfect the chain can start eating into the rubber chain guards on the swing arm.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I’ve got about 5000 miles on a 14 front. I definitely enjoy the benefits of lower gearing in most situations, the exception being high speed highway driving. Fifth and sixth end up being too close together, so dropping it into sixth at 80-90 doesn’t provide much relief.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made this this change when my chain went bad at 17000mi. Best model yet. Smooths everything out so far. Worth it 530 quick change kit 15/42 question sometimes if I want to go 14/42 has anyone do e this let me know. 2017 1200s touring.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts