Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 162 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
pretty sure it's read off a ring on the front wheel. this gearing change definitely does not affect the speedo (which is over 8-ish%) or odometer (which is spot on).

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've done both

I've had stock 15/40, 15/42, and 14/40 all this year. I think if you ride in Sport mode, 14t front might be a little much. I am not an experienced sport rider and my reflexes aren't that good. When I crank on it coming out of turns with the 14t, sometimes I am not prepared for how fast the bike stands up. If you are an experienced / young sport rider, go for it.

The 15 / 42 I think is the perfect gearing, but my OCD brain got wrapped up in the wheelbase and ride height changes so I took that off and went to the 14 front. I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't agree with 42 rear sproket.

hi guys,
I just added the superspprox 42 to the rear with bts carbon fiber wheels. I can't wait to tear the thing off the bike. my bike is so torky in 1st gear that it throws my head back. same in 2nd gear. my friend with the same bike stock is much much smoother in the first 3 gears.
maybe it's because of the wheels but if I get on the throttle a little bit it wants to wheelie. I did'nt expect it to change things that radically but it did.
I will be posting picts soon of the most modified 2013 you will ever see. I have every possible carbon fiber and have anodized and powder coated everthing matt black. it looks like a b-117 sleath fighter jet and performs like it too.
I am only posting to let some know about my experience. I researched here first and thought it was a good idea went with the 42. I think not for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
hi guys,
I just added the superspprox 42 to the rear with bts carbon fiber wheels. I can't wait to tear the thing off the bike. my bike is so torky in 1st gear that it throws my head back. same in 2nd gear. my friend with the same bike stock is much much smoother in the first 3 gears.
maybe it's because of the wheels but if I get on the throttle a little bit it wants to wheelie. I did'nt expect it to change things that radically but it did.
I will be posting picts soon of the most modified 2013 you will ever see. I have every possible carbon fiber and have anodized and powder coated everthing matt black. it looks like a b-117 sleath fighter jet and performs like it too.
I am only posting to let some know about my experience. I researched here first and thought it was a good idea went with the 42. I think not for everyone.
try touring mode. I agree, this mod is like adding another mode - supersport!

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi guys,
thread is worthless without PICS

·
Registered
406 Posts
pretty sure it's read off a ring on the front wheel. this gearing change definitely does not affect the speedo (which is over 8-ish%) or odometer (which is spot on).
Good to know...makes me want to play around with the gearing for better low end but at the same time did not want to mess up my speed odometer.

I teach MSF classes on my Multi and the slow stuff is sometimes a pain.

Maybe its just me! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a new supersprox black 43t with only 200 miles on it for sale at half price if anyone is interested. Also have a new never used 14t front from GB for sale too. PM me if interested. It just wasn't for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I have a new supersprox black 43t with only 200 miles on it for sale at half price if anyone is interested. Also have a new never used 14t front from GB for sale too. PM me if interested. It just wasn't for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
That's helpful to hear (though sorry you have an extra unused part), my tech suggested considering a 43t rear, but agreed he rides mostly track and for touring 42t would be a better option

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
I bought mine from sprocketcenter.com
Price incl shipping to eu was fine.

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Yes, 15/42 gearing is sweet! Used to turn 4000 rpm at 80 mph, now 4500 at 80 mph. Top gear is usable now below 70 mph!

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
NICE! I like the safety wire too! Will have to look into this when I need another,,,, Pushing 15,000 and mine still looks good but I can see the future.

·
AARP Reject
2,924 Posts
Yes, 15/42 gearing is sweet! Used to turn 4000 rpm at 80 mph, now 4500 at 80 mph. Top gear is usable now below 70 mph!
Joe,
Even though I own the bike and you'd think I'd know if 4500 RPM feels busy or not.....does it feel busy at 80........or not?

In other words, are there any down sides at all or is it just all good? Asking this after 6 pages is probably stupid! (Don't say it even if you think it).

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Lew, I'll jump in and say I was worried about losing something at the upper end, but it's all good. In fact it really feels like this should be the stock gearing unless/until they raise the national speed limit to 90, puts it right in the sweet spot for highway touring speeds.

41 - 60 of 162 Posts