Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove the Hyper up to Chicago from Indy yesterday to visit with my kids that live in NC. Had them fly into ORD, met them and then took the train to visit the aquarium then put them back on a flight last night. Great day but really long. Left at 5am and checked the weather when I left thinking cool but the rain and wind was gone. As always the weather forecast was inaccurate as hell. Nothing like sitting on the bike at 75-80mph for 3 hours in 40 degree temp being pounded with rain and gust of 15-20mph! I tried to explain what it's like to the wife last night br describing it as "sitting on the bike in a 40 degree hurricane at night for 3 hours while dodging trucks and cars". The trip back home from 9-12:30 wasn't too bad. At least no rain or gusty winds.

Fabbri windshield worked ok and the heated grips/jacket liner worked fantastic. Still cold but bearable.

Now some questions:

The blue bright light indicator. That thing is just stupid!!! Not only annoying but makes the brights almost unuseable with that thing shining in your face. Is there as lesser wattage bulb to put in there (can you even change it) or do I just need to tape over it? And as far as the bright lights go, the low beam seems adjusted well but when on bright it seems to be too far up and doesn't really shine on the road.

Suspension. I have the preload set to sag for my weight (165lbs gear and rain soaked:D) but I think I am going to have to back off the compression damping for a highway run like that. Frost heaves, road damage, bumps really slam the front end. Any suggestions? Adjust just the compression damping or the rebound too. How much? I think I also need to drop the tire pressure down a bit too.

All in all the bike has possibilities for trips like that. Definitely not "comfortable" but doable.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Have you changed the stock headlight yet? Sylvania Silverstar , the 4000K variety, 60/55 watts , 9003 ST part # (Canada) won't melt your lens , agree bout the annoying Blue light ..Would be neat to tone down the whole dash light

That was some nasty weather to ride in. Going to have to look at the windshield and heated grips/jacket liner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts