Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is a Hyper with a 1098 engine.

No, that is a 1098 with Hyper fairing and a flat bar :yeah:.
.....and some other bits an pieces, nice bike!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think the main thing to be looking for in a hyper would be a slight boost in HP( let's say around 100~110HP), but a big boost in torque, and of course a nice weight reduction. The Hyper isn't a racebike, and therefore a racebike engine like let's say the 848, or any of the 4 cilinder bikes would not really fit it(character wise). 1098 engine on the other hand is beastly thing, but it's rather bulky as well.

Just my 2cts.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Has anyone successfully swapped for a 4 valve engine?
I know of 2, made by italian owners.
One used a 999 engine and is documented on the Italian Hyper board.
One used a 1098 engine, and got it's own dedicated website.

The 3rd one, and probly the famous one since it was featured on many US sites, is the one that was posted above and made by Krisfox on the French Hyper board.
There is 40 pages documenting the build, but yeah, it's a 1098 with a custom subframe, custom carbon fiber tank and seat. He's putting lot of road and track miles on this bike

Fitting a 1098 engine in our Hyper means you have to cut the frame to fit the engine and its airbox. Tank will fit on top of that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is a beefy lookin' Hyper, for sure. Cool build though. Would love to try it out. NCR makes that Hypermotard that's well over 100 hp and a pile of torque, I don'recall the exact #. Big pile of cas to own one too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the pic. I love my Hyper but would love it even more with 40+ more hp. :D
Then maybe the Multistrada or Streetfighter would be the right bike for you?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That is a beefy lookin' Hyper, for sure. Cool build though. Would love to try it out. NCR makes that Hypermotard that's well over 100 hp and a pile of torque, I don'recall the exact #. Big pile of cas to own one too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

For customers that want a little more power, NCR offers two solutions from the NCR Corse division:

* Big bore kit to transform the stock 1100cc Ducati engine to 1160cc and increasing power from 90 to 125 hp.
* Complete NCR Corse engine in 1200cc configuration complete with stroker crank and full NCR treatment increasing power from 90 to 132 hp while reducing weight by 10 kg (22 lbs)

In its best configuration, their Hyper is at 138Kg for 132 hp. At 76.000$ base price + 19.000$ for the 1200cc engine kit
Their M4 is a way better deal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info . Noticed more than one 4 valve enigine on EBay for about the same price as what a Hyper engine goes for. Figured it could be a decent upgrade without spending too much. I read the swingarm mounting is different on some but the ones I viewed looked the same from afar

·
Temporary greeter
23,089 Posts
Thanks for all the info . Noticed more than one 4 valve enigine on EBay for about the same price as what a Hyper engine goes for. Figured it could be a decent upgrade without spending too much. I read the swingarm mounting is different on some but the ones I viewed looked the same from afar
Good luck with that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts