Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Champions, does anyone know if there is such a cable?
I want to use Melcodiag or similar to reset my service light.
I've a 2016 MTS Enduro.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Unfortunately, it won't matter if you get the cable or not, 2015+ bikes don't have any software available to reset service reminders, just the earlier models.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yup, all DVT bikes (2015+ 1200 and all 1260 so far) have a bosch (I think) ECU instead of the mitsubishi ECU on the earlier bikes, and so far nobody has figured out how to get the service reminder reset on the DVT bikes.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Dealer here charges $30 to hook up to computer and turn off service lights if you DIY. This also updates the software if needed. So, it's not horribly expensive. Yes, it would be nice if you could just DIY that too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yup, my BMW was similar other than there is the GS-911 (expensive, IMO) and what I used, an app called MotoScan that will reset codes using a bluetooth OBD-II dongle.

No such luck with my Multistrada, either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You cannot turn off service lights (yet) on the DVT bikes with Melcodiag, but you can read and reset other error messages OK

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You cannot turn off service lights (yet) on the DVT bikes with Melcodiag, but you can read and reset other error messages OK
That being said then, what is the 4 pin to ODBII adaptor to use?
I know the old 3 pin was for a Fiat/VW etc, but what is the one to use here?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need these leads or equivalents thereof:

Software is here - plus more descriptions on leads etc

jpdiag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts