Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just over 60 hours before going home on R&R from Afghanistan and 4 days from picking up my new & 1st Duc... WTF is :sleep:sleep:sleep: again?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
1st.... Thank you. 2nd congrats. I love my duc immensely. It has character other imports don't.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st.... Thank you. 2nd congrats. I love my duc immensely. It has character other imports don't.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
It's a pleasure!

I started off with a 2008 GSX-R600 and enjoyed every bit of those 10K+ miles I put on her... I've always wanted a Duc; the dream is merely a few days away!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Be safe and keep dreaming until you're going for a ride and your dream comes true...:D

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WILCO. Looking forward to cruising down the PCH in CA!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm just over 60 hours before going home on R&R from Afghanistan and 4 days from picking up my new & 1st Duc... WTF is :sleep:sleep:sleep: again?
First of all THANK YOU for your service and when you get on your R&R with that new 848 you are gonna love it and you deserve it. Thanks again :D

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all THANK YOU for your service and when you get on your R&R with that new 848 you are gonna love it and you deserve it. Thanks again :D
Thanks! I don't typically enjoy breaking-in an engine... I'm sure that'll change with this v-twin!

·
Registered
118 Posts
That flight from Dubai to the US blows, but at least you'll be coming back to a great ride. I came home this past June and picked mine up...absolute joy

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
77 Posts
congrats! have a blast! it's tough getting through that break-in period, but you'll be grins all the way nonetheless. I'm dreading the impending doom of winter here...soon my bike will be nestled away in the garage...

·
Registered
806 Posts
By the way, it's a F848

Congrats, you'll love it.

Ollie
[1199, Vespa S150]

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
congrats! have a blast! it's tough getting through that break-in period, but you'll be grins all the way nonetheless. I'm dreading the impending doom of winter here...soon my bike will be nestled away in the garage...
I get where you're coming from.. I'll be with the bike less than 15 days before having to head back to Afghanistan...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congrats and thanks for serving!

You should be able to get well beyond 600 miles in 15 days, and it's worth the wait......get the oil/filter/crush washer for the 600 mile change when you pick her up if you're the DIY type, save precious riding time not trying to get that service scheduled.

And if you do decide to take care of the first service get your blue loctite and allen wrenches and go over every fastener you can get to at the same time, or you will almost certainly lose a few :D

Have fun next week and get back safe after this next round.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Shults-z, were are coming from and going to if you don't mind me asking? If you plan on breaking her in on the way to LA I would suggest having proitalia do your service and then hitting up angels crest highway. I don't think it's snowed up there yet because we've had a very warm fall. That road has some serious twisties like it was made for ducs. Then there is Gmr, the snake, Ortega and mt palomar. Those are some of my favorite twisty roads down here.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats and thanks for serving!

You should be able to get well beyond 600 miles in 15 days, and it's worth the wait......get the oil/filter/crush washer for the 600 mile change when you pick her up if you're the DIY type, save precious riding time not trying to get that service scheduled.

And if you do decide to take care of the first service get your blue loctite and allen wrenches and go over every fastener you can get to at the same time, or you will almost certainly lose a few :D

Have fun next week and get back safe after this next round.
I was planning on doing the wrenching myself. Nothing like getting to know a bike by doing the maintenance on your own!

Shults-z, were are coming from and going to if you don't mind me asking? If you plan on breaking her in on the way to LA I would suggest having proitalia do your service and then hitting up angels crest highway. I don't think it's snowed up there yet because we've had a very warm fall. That road has some serious twisties like it was made for ducs. Then there is Gmr, the snake, Ortega and mt palomar. Those are some of my favorite twisty roads down here.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle
I'll starting in Suisun, then to Half Moon, Santa Cruz and Monterey.. Don't think we'll make it as far as Morro Bay..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts