Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local stealership has quoted me $870.00 to do the 30k service.

5 hours labour @ $88 per hour plus parts, belts are $216 for the pair, oil $26.50 per litre, are these guys tripping or what?
This does include, oil filter, plugs, fuel & air filter, but seems way excessive to me.

Anyone else been quoted prices like this?

Craig

·
Registered
244 Posts
My local stealership has quoted me $870.00 to do the 30k service.

5 hours labour @ $88 per hour plus parts, belts are $216 for the pair, oil $26.50 per litre, are these guys tripping or what?
This does include, oil filter, plugs, fuel & air filter, but seems way excessive to me.

Anyone else been quoted prices like this?

Craig
G'day Craig, nope, that sounds about right from a dealer labour wise,locally here the shops charge closer to the $100 mark..The belt prices and oil does seem to be dear.. you can however save a heap by removing the fairing etc and doing all the filters etc/oil change blah blah whatever you can manage doing yourself, of course you prob already have considered this...

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
over $200 for a pair of belts ON A ST2? (I assume it's for the bike in your signature.)
I assume also this is Aussie dollars? Bucci belts for the 2V are very reasonable...about $30 ea. (USD$): http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/shop/catalog/ducati/maint.html

ST4S belts OTOH...over $150 USD per pair.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, thats what I thought, I have been asking for this quote for weeks now, but two days before I am due, they ring me with a rough idea.
I removed the lower fairing this afternoon ( took 15 minutes, Desmotimes brackets)
I will do my own oil change so I will save there, but the price of the belts is bullshit compared to buying BUCCI and the postage, I would still save a hundred bucks by importing them from the USA.
I can do the plugs as well, so I think I will reschedule the service after I have sourced some cheaper parts.

Craig

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
FWIW: I was amazed at the amount of room under the petrol tank on my ST2 to remove the valve covers, and the ability to check the Desmo clearances. I did not need to remove the air box, or unbolt the radiator. The belts themselves are easy to change. The last time I changed the belts on my ST2, I alligned the mark on the flywheel (thru the window), and then noticed that the belt puuleys were at their respective marks. So it really was an easy swap out / in. Just have to set the tension when your done.

I think the 2V clearances are easy to check, also. If you've ever done valve-lash/clearances on any other engine, this is not a big deal for Desmo. You just have to know how to relieve the closer spring tention to measure the closer's additional clearance.

My new 4V should be similar, just twice as many as the buggers. Plus the cams and rockers need peeking at for flaking chrome (not an issue on the 2V).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts