Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of a (ever ongoing) project, I am planning to run a 1098 loom/dash/ecu in a bike using an 888 engine. Why? because we all like challenges.

Having got most of the conversion parts to change to 3 phase, timing sensor conversion and the throttle bodies onto the later TPS. I am looking to run the engine on 3 wire stick coils that fit the Desmo engine, that use the correct resistance that the 1098 ecu uses.

Do any coils exist, or will the 1098 coils need modifying in some way?

Thanks for your help!

Here is a pic of the mocked up bike, plus one of a 888/ST4s build that I carried out.
project5.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
how does the resistance differ from the existing coils on the bike? is one of the three wires just a shield?

s4/s4r monster had stick coils, so if you look at those heads you can see what ducati did in terms of plug hole machining to make them fit. or just drill a hole and tap for a 6mm stud to secure the coil. couldn't be too hard. ?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
... nice mock up .... not sure how well that garden hose reel is going to work out as a headlight though ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts