Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a quick map of My coworker and myselfs tour/trip last week. He was on his BMW R1150R and I was on my 916. I just used a tank bag and that was all that I needed. I travel light.
Map here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where are the pics? It's me, the guy with the GT. Good chatting with you on the 108. Hope you & your friend's trip home went well. You were in for a long haul. BTW the 4 was great. Thanks for the tip on the 33, my father & I plan to try it out in September. Take Care!

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are the pics? It's me, the guy with the GT. Good chatting with you on the 108. Hope you & your friend's trip home went well. You were in for a long haul. BTW the 4 was great. Thanks for the tip on the 33, my father & I plan to try it out in September. Take Care!
Hi Dan ;) It was cool meeting you up there at 10,000 feet :D welcome to the site!
I am buried with trying to catch up at work I will try to get to the pics in a bit.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics!

Attachments

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dan/kfsdhoo! Here is your bike! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds like a great ride.
Is that pic on the lower left, Hwy 49 north of Coursegold? Looks very familiar. If it is, I stopped there too to get the cop off my ass who was probably trying very hard to cite me for anything, or no, I mean to keep me safe....from myself, of course... This was back in '07 when a buddy and I did a 2700+mi tour incorporating the MotoGP at Laguna. One my best summers.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
more

Attachments

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a great ride.
Is that pic on the lower left, Hwy 49 north of Coursegold? Looks very familiar. If it is, I stopped there too to get the cop off my ass who was probably trying very hard to cite me for anything, or no, I mean to keep me safe....from myself, of course... This was back in '07 when a buddy and I did a 2700+mi tour incorporating the MotoGP at Laguna. One my best summers.

Why yes, that is highway 49! :) We also went up and down priest grade. if you zoom in on the google map you can see all of the crazy twisty roads I dragged Marty around to.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Looks like you had a really nice ride, you guys have a lot of fun roads out there. I was lucky enough to get to ride some of the ones up around lakes Mono & Tahoe a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
First of all, you did all of that on a 916? That in itself was an accomplishment. How was it, were you hurting? I know I would have been, however, any sportbike would likely have the same result. Looks like a nice run for the Southern Sierra Nevadas. You should plan coming up here next time where we can show you some of our stuff. You Da Man!

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First of all, you did all of that on a 916? That in itself was an accomplishment. How was it, were you hurting? I know I would have been, however, any sportbike would likely have the same result. Looks like a nice run for the Southern Sierra Nevadas. You should plan coming up here next time where we can show you some of our stuff. You Da Man!
This is the third time Ive done a tour like this with the 916. Before that I did them on the 900ss. I am used to the position from riding/racing bicycles on the velodrome. I am a ride in the drops kinda guy. You know... I meant to do a shout out to see if anyone wanted to meet up but I got swamped with work before the trip. oh well next year! :)

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like you had a really nice ride, you guys have a lot of fun roads out there. I was lucky enough to get to ride some of the ones up around lakes Mono & Tahoe a couple of years ago.
Yeah we are pretty lucky here in Ca. we have every kind of road you could imagine, and I think we rode most of them ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts