Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

In case you are not aware, I work at A&S Ducati. I am a big Ducati fan and I want to support any and all Ducati focused events. As such, I have noticed that Norcal DOC has a monthly Pizza Night here in the Greater Sacramento area out in Granite Bay. I attended their event in Lafayette last week and I had a great time with a group of fellow riders. I have gone to the Granite Bay location a couple of times and have found nobody there, but I would like to get it going. So, I am inviting everyone that wants, to meet me at the
location below this coming Monday on March 23rd at 6:30pm. Hopefully we can get this to be a monthly event. I am open to holding it at a different venue in the future if we aren't happy with this location, I realize that it might not be the most convenient for some of you. I am open to any feedback that you can give to me.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

David

4th

Mon each month

6:30pm to 10:00pm

Pizza Antica

5540 Douglas Blvd.

Granite Bay, CA 95746

Telephone: 916.786.0400

·
Registered
266 Posts
Pretty far for the Central Valley riders, I've met up with the Lafayette folks many times and they are nice folks, have also attented the one in San Jose and have seen more than 100 bikes show up.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty far for the Central Valley riders, I've met up with the Lafayette folks many times and they are nice folks, have also attented the one in San Jose and have seen more than 100 bikes show up.
Hey deltaduc,

How are things in the valley? I met you at Jack's Urban Eats last year on one of the Wednesday night dinner meets.

Yeah I know it is a bit of a ride for you guys, that is one of the reasons that I think we should consider a different venue. I hope to make the San Jose event in the next couple of months, I hear that they do get a lot of bikes showing up. Maybe I'll see you there, or stop in at the shop if you are up riding our way.

David

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
The Pizza Attica thing was originally organized I believe by the Bay Area's John C. from the MH 900 club. This was last year. I went to it and there were non Ducati people there, people other than Nina and a buddy who went with me. That was the only time I attended and it really has died on the vine. Our hangout is Jacks Urban Eats and it is time we got together with other DOG members.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey David,

That was a fun get together, Karel & I had a great time and look forward to the next one.

Ciao,
Hans

Hey guys,

In case you are not aware, I work at A&S Ducati. I am a big Ducati fan and I want to support any and all Ducati focused events. As such, I have noticed that Norcal DOC has a monthly Pizza Night here in the Greater Sacramento area out in Granite Bay. I attended their event in Lafayette last week and I had a great time with a group of fellow riders. I have gone to the Granite Bay location a couple of times and have found nobody there, but I would like to get it going. So, I am inviting everyone that wants, to meet me at the
location below this coming Monday on March 23rd at 6:30pm. Hopefully we can get this to be a monthly event. I am open to holding it at a different venue in the future if we aren't happy with this location, I realize that it might not be the most convenient for some of you. I am open to any feedback that you can give to me.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

David

4th

Mon each month

6:30pm to 10:00pm

Pizza Antica

5540 Douglas Blvd.

Granite Bay, CA 95746

Telephone: 916.786.0400

·
Registered
213 Posts
The one time that I went to this Granite Bay event the only person to show up was me! It was a waste of time. gas, and tires.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hans & Karel,

Thank you for your support and attending last nights event. It is always great to see you and I was sorry to hear that you will be moving out of the area, although not too far away. I will want to stay in touch and join up for a ride on some of your favorite roads in the Cruz area.

Well, I too had gone to Pizza Antica a couple of times and found no one else there. But, I at least want to try and get a regular meet going. It's good to have a time to look forward to every month, when we can eat and chat.

We had about twelve riders show up last night and all of us were from out of the immediate area, which isn't all that bad because I don't mind a longer ride, but with commute traffic to fight thru it is a bit out there.

So, I will work with John C. and see if we can't come up with a different location that will allow for better attendance.

As far as places that might work, Hot Italian a new place in midtown at 16th & Q. The events at Jack's Urban Eats have been fun. Those a just a couple.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

David

·
Administrator
12,318 Posts
Hi,

the closer towards elk grove the more likely i would be able to make it, coming from lodi,
I hear you need a passport to get out of Lodi :p

Hey Tom you may want to change your user name so the nice spambots don't pick up on your email address.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, we too look forward to seeing you in SC!

As for places, I like the idea of Jack's - really informal, good food, easy access. I've not tired Hot Italian, any good?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Since Hot Italian is a new spot it might be a nice idea to send them some love. Maybe we can do a meet there once and try it out? I'm game if ya'll are.

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
From what I've heard; they're somewhere between pub food & average restaraunt fare. I'm down to try most anyplace though. Only other issue might be parking. About the only good option there would be across the street, in front of the park.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts