Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go…
Our first group ride will be this Sunday, March 22. Destination will be the Sacramento Delta islands with a stop in Walnut Grove for lunch. Grand Island and Ryer Island have well maintained road that you can only get to by taking a ferry. This should be a short/easy warm-up ride for all of us that have been confined at home due to the wet winter we’ve had. There will be coffee & donuts at MOTOWheels at 9:00 followed by a thirty minute BS session.

If you plan to ride, PLEASEride at YOUR OWN PACE, be safe and cautious. We’ll be starting the ride from MOTOWheels (11306 Sunco D Suite 1, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742) and leaving there at 9:30. Then another stop at the Shell gas station, next to McDonalds on the south west corner of Pocket and I-5 at 10:30 as another meeting spot. And eventually ending up at Giusti’s for lunch. (14743 Walnut Grove-Thornton Rd. Walnut Grove Ca 95690)

Please respond to this thread if you have any questions and plan to ride with us so NOBODY GETS LEFT BEHIND…

Full ride details will be sent out prior to the ride for those that respond or PM me.

PS. I hope to see some Multi’s in our group.:abduct:

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
There is a chance and a fairly good one that was enough to cancel a ride out of Santa Cruz this coming weekend. But thats Santa Cruz, weather is unpredictable there. Tonight the weather was forecasted out to this Sunday in Sacto at 30-40% chance of rain. Have to wait and see over the next couple days for what may change. With the rain i decided to finally have 21' of garage cabinets installed and finally get down to the business of building a "man cave". Also on tap is my 60K service on my Dodge Ram Hemi. This requires Octopus arms, skinny fingers, 6 different extensions, swivel sockets and patience in order to change out the 16 spark plugs. Thats right, 16 of those puppies. Took me all day and more to do the 30K service. Just like the "why" I learned to do the Duc Valve inspection is the fact the Dodge service costs $650-$700. Lets put it this way, I would rather do a valve inspect on a 916 than the spark plug R&R on the Hemi.

Next garage project, the floors and paint. After that, a 749R.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It might be a nice small group on Sunday.
1. MOTO
2. Deltaduc
3. Dudecati
4. Quanton
5. DucShep
This will defiantly mean I’m bringing Breakfast Burritos for all of us rain or shine. Quanton, Walter and I are going to trailer up to MOTOWheels and have room for another so if you don’t want to slab-it all the way give me or Walter a call.

Now time to talk trash on the Multi’s. This is you guys type of ride…you all must be getting ready to making the transition to BeeeeMerrrrrsssssss next year. Oh that’s right the BMW groups ride in inclement weather. Come on john, the garage will always be there to be converted to a hide-a-way. And the Hemi won’t die tomorrow if you don’t change its plugs on Sunday, but a good time with your friends you never attended may never be there again.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's probably going to rain this weekend guys. But if it doesn't rain, or doesn't look like the threat of rain, I'll be there.

·
Administrator
12,310 Posts
It's probably going to rain this weekend guys. But if it doesn't rain, or doesn't look like the threat of rain, I'll be there.
That is exactly what my thought was so I guess that would be +1

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MOTO Sorry but we Stockton Boys will not make it up there today. It seems that my tow vehicle had a problem last week & I have never replaced the spare since my last flat.
Walter

Quan and I talked early this morning and decided to stay home. MOTO let’s get in touch this week about June 20th.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Tom and I waited and then took a short ride. The road was wet in some spots but we did not get rained on.

-M

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
John,

Who is doing your cabinets? I need to get that done at my house...

-M
Craigslist did my cabinets, so to speak. Bought them from a guy who had them advertised in G.B. The only problem was getting them out of his dump of a house, what a PITA. They were constructed of MDS and Melamine, heavier than crap. Fortunately, my two daughters have cooperative boyfriends, so they did the grunt work. They also lined them up securing them to the garage wall. They look great.

·
Administrator
12,310 Posts
John,

Who is doing your cabinets? I need to get that done at my house...

-M
I do know a good cabinet guy with reasonable prices if you need one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts