Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Flying Brit
1,826 Posts
There was one in TX for sale, mint and even less miles, it was advertised for a long time and I believe it went or around $16,500 or less.

I want to get one once I sell a few of mine

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Looks like the new going price for a 1098R , sooooooooooo glad I didn't buy one new, I almost did. Which led me to buy a 1199 lol.

Ducati Superbike | eBay
Just like everything really.....look at the D16...$72k new now you can buy them for $40k.....which I plan on doing in the coming months:)

They'll get to a certain dollar value and stay there

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Looks like the new going price for a 1098R , sooooooooooo glad I didn't buy one new, I almost did. Which led me to buy a 1199 lol.

Ducati Superbike | eBay
Lets revisit this thread in five years time and we'll see what your 1199 is worth! But yeah, the R models are often a bit ouchy when it comes to depreciation...

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
......I'm trying to land one in my garage by later next year.....so tempting right now!!!
I hate to give up my 999 though....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is it true that the 1098r engine needs a top end and other assorted expensive work at 15 thousand miles?

·
Bon Vivant
11,583 Posts

Ducati Superbike | eBay
I bought the 1199 and was disappointed which lead me to the 1098R. So glad I have the R instead. :rolleyes:

This winter will be the bottom of the market for these bikes so you guys who want one better do it now. ;)

wait... you almost bought a new R but didn't because you wanted to wait 4 years for an 1199?

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Is it true that the 1098r engine needs a top end and other assorted expensive work at 15 thousand miles?
Never heard that with any Ducati with the exception of the D16RR....$4,000 for valve work IIRC. From what I gather by querying techs and Ducati guys, the 1098R engine is extremely well made, probably the last, best Ducati superbike in terms of internal/external go fast goodies, quality.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
I bought the 1199 and was disappointed which lead me to the 1098R. So glad I have the R instead. :rolleyes:

This winter will be the bottom of the market for these bikes so you guys who want one better do it now. ;)

wait... you almost bought a new R but didn't because you wanted to wait 4 years for an 1199?
Interestig to hear, what was disappointing ab Panigale that you enjoy more with 1098r?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
208 Posts
There was one in TX for sale, mint and even less miles, it was advertised for a long time and I believe it went or around $16,500 or less.

I want to get one once I sell a few of mine
I love your collection....but a 1098R is required in that list :)

·
Bon Vivant
11,583 Posts
Interestig to hear, what was disappointing ab Panigale that you enjoy more with 1098r?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
First let me tell you what I loved about the Panigale: the light weight, the quick steering and responsive handling, and the sound - what a fantastic noise the Pani makes! The dash! The modes and the suspension were also quite nice although the shock did dig into my left thigh a bit.

The disappointing points were impossible for me to overcome: Comfort and lack of power (or torque) I found the bike excruciatingly painful to ride, strange but I'm fine on the 1098. My 1098 makes more power all the way to redline, but I don't care about the dyno or the numbers I just care about how it feels to me and I like the 1098R engine's characteristics much much better.

There were some other factors that made me step back from the bike but these are the ones that were the bike itself.

I don't hate the Panigale, in-fact I may even be a future Pani owner again - I like the bike a lot and I'd like to give one another try sometime.

·
Registered
153 Posts
What assorted swag came from the factory with the 1098r. Im guessing a cover, rear stand and maybe a plaque?

·
Flying Brit
1,826 Posts
I love your collection....but a 1098R is required in that list :)
Yeah tell me about it! I'm heading down
your way in Jan for the Classics, with all the money I have spent towards that trip I could have purchased a 1098R instead!

·
Flying Brit
1,826 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts